shape
carat
color
clarity

question on specific asscher stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Asscherlover

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!..love the boards, you guys are great! Could you share your thoughts on this stone? An asscher measuring 5.75x5.75x2.59 with a color g and vs1..concerned about the depth...any thoughts? Thanks so much in advance..I anxiously await your response

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Can you please post the rest of the specs from the cert? Carat weight? Depth %? Table%? Girdle? Culet? Crown and pavilion angles, if you have them? And which lab, if any, graded this stone, and how much does the vendor want for it? You'll get more responses this way.
1.gif

Asscherlover

Rough_Rock
sorry..my computer runs very slow on this board...this is the info I have...EGL, depth 45.1, table 88.0, crown 7.1, paviliion 36.7, girdle thin to med polished, polish very good. Thanks so much and sorry for the short posts takes forever to get a sentence out!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hi AsscherLover.

The stone described is a very shallow square emerald cut with a large table and a low crown. It's what dealers refer to as a "spread", or "spready" stone, and is not an Asscher Cut, nor a generic Asscher.

It should look large for it's carat weight, and could possibly be pretty in it's own right, but technically ranks below average in it's proportions.

The characteristics of an Asscher are a high crown, small table, slightly bowed pavilion, slightly deeper than average stone, with a wide "windmill" pattern reflection in the midst of a "house of mirrors" square pattern going deep.

A good article on the Asscher can be found at the following URL address, written by David Wolf of Just Appraisers out of NYC:

http://www.chubbcollectors.com/Vacnews/index.jsp?form=2&ArticleId=25

Asscherlover

Rough_Rock
I have paid 2749 for this stone to be set into an 18k white gold setting with 2 .20 baguetees and a matching band with 3 .20 baguettes, did I get a fair price for the set...it is being delivered tomorrow. I know it isnt a true asscher, one day perhaps...

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
I would be a tad concerned about the thin girdle in conjunction with the shallow depth...could be susceptible to chipping. Make sure you get it insured and are covered for loss in value due to damage just in case. Cindy

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Well, if you've already bought it and can't return it, then just enjoy it. It's never a good idea to second guess yourself if you can't change things.

Asscherlover

Rough_Rock
it is a .75 center stone with 5 .20 ct baguettes..2 in the center stone ring and 3 in the band..I am on a 3 day preview period...what do you all think? set in 18k wg

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Do you like it?
1.gif

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Asscherlover

I think you should have asked what we thought Before you purchased it. Rich gave you the straight word. Enjoy your diamond if it is yours. If you can return it, you might give that some thought.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results