shape
carat
color
clarity

Question on side stones for three stone ring.

DiamondGal28

Rough_Rock
Hello fellow PSers -

This year I was able to undo a jewelry mistake I made a few years back and replace my original three stone oval and half-moon ring that I broke up and sold with a new three stone MRB. I've had the ring a few weeks and I am crazy about it. I invested most of my budget into getting the best center stone I could (2.15 ct.) and got smaller ( .40ct.) sides knowing I would upgrade the sides and then use the 40 pointers to create a 5 stone ring, either later this year or next year.

Already, I am starting to think about and save for the side stone upgrade.

My question is, do I need to shop and match up these stone individually, or can I rely on a Whiteflash ACA matched pair, for example, to be ring quality?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are the two .4 stones you have for sides ACAs?

ACAs are Super Ideal stones and would make an excellent 5 stone ring.

I'm not sure I really understand your question?

DiamondGal28

Rough_Rock
Sorry - let me rephrase -

The .40 pointers are in the three stone ring now - those aren't ACA. I will save those for a future 5 stone ring.

I would like to add .80 ct. or 1.60 tcw. rounds to the three stone ring with either an ACA or ES pre-selected pair. I am uncertain if the pre-selected pairs are intended for rings ? Another way to ask it is, if the pairs are ACA or ES, they meet meet the same ACA or ES standard as the individually listed stones?

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
You can always do your own search if that's something you enjoy.
I don't have personal experience but I am under the impression that Whiteflash, HPD, or several other boutique vendors would certainly find and vet matched pairs for you. You can also pay to have stones cut to specs as well if the search turns up empty over time.
I think the parameters for certain vendors are universal for their stones. If it's listed ACA- it's ACA.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you provide a link to where you would pick the pre-selected stones at Whiteflash?

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock
Sorry - let me rephrase -

The .40 pointers are in the three stone ring now - those aren't ACA. I will save those for a future 5 stone ring.

I would like to add .80 ct. or 1.60 tcw. rounds to the three stone ring with either an ACA or ES pre-selected pair. I am uncertain if the pre-selected pairs are intended for rings ? Another way to ask it is, if the pairs are ACA or ES, they meet meet the same ACA or ES standard as the individually listed stones?

The pre-selected pairs are just pulled from their regular inventory and you can still buy them individually so there’s no difference. They just “match” them for convenience.

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
I have to say- I love your avatar picture. Your rings are stunning!

DiamondGal28

Rough_Rock
The pre-selected pairs are just pulled from their regular inventory and you can still buy them individually so there’s no difference. They just “match” them for convenience.

Thank you!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto @Txborn79 these are ACAs. You can pick a pair you are interested in and ask your SA if they are a good match
or is there a better match. They can take side-by-side pics of the match so you can how well they look together.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results