shape
carat
color
clarity

Question on SI2 Emerald cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
To all the diamond experts out there, I am wondering if you can see the inclusions on the SI2, emerald cut? How noticeable will the inclusion be and is it possible to find an emerald cut SI2 with inclusions that is not noticeable? I would love to purchase an emerald cut diamond one day and I just want to make sure because I never seen an SI2 diamond before.
9.gif

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/18/2007 5:05:50 AM
Author:threepwood
To all the diamond experts out there, I am wondering if you can see the inclusions on the SI2, emerald cut? How noticeable will the inclusion be and is it possible to find an emerald cut SI2 with inclusions that is not noticeable? I would love to purchase an emerald cut diamond one day and I just want to make sure because I never seen an SI2 diamond before.
9.gif
Rarely can you find any SI2 clarity step-cut Diamond that will be considered 'eye-clean'!!!
BUT..., I have seen some exceptions to this rule...

How noticeable??? It is judged on a stone per stone basis.

Usually, Diamond Manufacturers will not produce step-cuts with these type of inclusions...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have never seen a totally eyeclean from the top si1 or si2 EC or SE.
Some are harder to see than others but in every one I have looked at I could find the inclusion without a loupe.

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the reply DiaGem n strmrdr.
DiaGem, can u describe what inclusions look like? Are they black in color?

strmrdr, what is an SE?

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/18/2007 5:47:04 AM
Author: threepwood
Thanks for the reply DiaGem n strmrdr.
DiaGem, can u describe what inclusions look like? Are they black in color?

strmrdr, what is an SE?
SE= Square Emerald-Cut

Inclusions are made of tons of different particles....

For example a great SI Diamond clarity can be based on a ''white'' feather positioned on the lower part (pavilion) of the Diamond. If it is positioned near the girdle it could fall into a un-lucky SI (but still graded SI), and will be hidden to the fact of being 100% eye-clean from the top-view!!!

On the other hand, you might find a step-cut Diamond that has a "tiny" black pique categorized as a VS1 and still be eye-visible...

Its verry tricky, and like I said..., will depend on a strone per stone basis!!

Inclusions come in all colors....

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your reply DiaGem.. It was really helpful..

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Threepwood Sorry to threadjack... I was browsing and came accross your ring.... can you give me the name/information of your jeweler??? I loveyour ring. THANKS!

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Gypsy,

Sorry, I didn't see this thread earlier, but I replied your other thread.. Here is the Link
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results