shape
carat
color
clarity

Question on settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
Hi All, I bought my first colored stone and would like to set it in a LOGR setting (thanks to you guys), but I just have a quick question. If my stone measures 4.89 x 6.70, would the stone fit into their standard 5x7 setting?

Thanks for your help!!!

Heather

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would most likely fit. What shape is the stone? An oval?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes, would fit, I asked my jeweler about something like this and yes for some other project, and he said for me to go on the side slight larger than too small. mine was a 6.4mm stone and I got a stock 7mm setting which he can work with.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I agree with the others about it probably fitting. I''ve looked at a lot of LOGR auctions with pre-set gemstones, just to see how the stones fit in their settings. If you like your stones set low, it might be better to have a setting that''s just slightly larger (just a couple tenths of a millimeter). Based on this, I ordered an 8.5mm halo for my 8.3mm stone, and it fit perfectly.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2009 4:33:04 PM
Author:HeatherL
Hi All, I bought my first colored stone and would like to set it in a LOGR setting (thanks to you guys), but I just have a quick question. If my stone measures 4.89 x 6.70, would the stone fit into their standard 5x7 setting?

Thanks for your help!!!

Heather
Most definitely it would fit, unless it had a prong head on it, and the stone was too deep. If the stone seems to have good proportions though, it should fit in a prong head. If it''s a deep stone, I would recommend a halo.

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys, that helps me out a lot.

Chrono, the shape is emerald, I hope that doesn''t make a difference

Thanks again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results