shape
carat
color
clarity

Question on Scott Kay settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rob13

Rough_Rock
Girlfriend LOVES them, and the guy''s got a killer marketing department that could convince just about anyone to empty their wallet on one of his rings.

BUT, my question is, is his work worth the premium paid for his work? I''m at a loss here, and while I know you can get a replica, part of me thinks it''s cool to have the real deal.

Any thoughts?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 11:39:30 PM
Author:Rob13
Girlfriend LOVES them, and the guy's got a killer marketing department that could convince just about anyone to empty their wallet on one of his rings.

BUT, my question is, is his work worth the premium paid for his work? I'm at a loss here, and while I know you can get a replica, part of me thinks it's cool to have the real deal.

Any thoughts?
It IS cool to get the real deal. His settings are very well made. If she loves it, and it's the one for her, well make her happy. Trying to replicate it is tough and could fall short of your expectations. Sometimes it's just worth it to pay the designer price. HTH and good luck!!!

Welcome to PS, where are my manners??
35.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are really nice settings. When I was looking at settings, I priced Scott Kay at Pearlman''s Jeweler''s and found their price was better than I could get locally. And Bill Pearlman is just first class all the way. I wouldn''t hesitate to buy from him.

Just email him for a quote. He can get things that aren''t shown on the website:

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
I own a Scott Kay and they are very nicely made rings. If you get one with diamonds in it, which we did, the quality is very high. They sparkle almost as much as my H&A center stone!
1.gif

They are usually sold as semi-mounts so you can pick and choose the center diamond you want for it, which is what we did.

I had a problem with the prongs at one point, but the jeweler we bought the setting from fixed it for free and it has been problem free ever since.

If you do decide on one of his rings, picking the jeweler who sells it to you is just as important as the setting itself, IMO. Bill Pearlman, as diamondseeker2006 pointed out, is a good choice.

Good luck!
face23.gif

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
His work for his design area is the best. Who ever you buy from just make sure Scott Kay''s company does the setting. The only problems we have ever seen is when a less experienced setter has messed up the setting. His retailers should have no problem sending the diamond in.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually just tried on a few Scott Kay settings the other day. they are truly gorgeous and very well made. If that''s the one she wants than I say go for the read deal too.

ditto: Bill Pearlman when making sure Scott Kay sets the stone. we''ve heard a few stories here on PS too where the local setters mess up the designer settings when trying to set the stone themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results