shape
carat
color
clarity

Question on Ring Buying

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

leafs18

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I have not picked up a ring yet and plan on heading down to Jewelers Row in Philly to a few stores. I have done extensive research online and have a very good idea of what I am looking for in the ring. Still up in the air on a round or princess cut, I keep going back and forth(her sisters suggest princess so I am leaning about 85%that way) so any advice would be appreciated. I have the feeling that I will know it when I see the right one. Anyways my real question is if I see what I want in the loose diamond and the ring...how long do these places take to set the stone. So say if I spent the afternoon looking on Friday and came to a decision that evening and purchased on Saturday...how long until I was able to get my hands on the finished product.

Thanks

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It all depends on:
1. Does the store have the right diamond? If not, it could take a few weeks
2. Does the store have the right setting? If not, it could take a few weeks
3. Setting is quick; it can be done in a matter hours. However, it depends on the setter''s workload. It could take a day or a few weeks.

leafs18

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the quick response...now I have one other question. I have been out and about and searching online for rings and diamonds. I am now committed to making the purchase if I see what I want. As stated above I know what I am looking for in either a RB or Princess cut and the ring. Now when I head to the stores on jewelers row do I first look to see if they have the diamond I want and than the ring or vice versa. What do you deem more important? And I am fairly flexible on what I am looking for, as long as I feel its right than its a go...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would find the diamond first. That''s the harder task. After that, then the setting to fit the diamond and the right style. Even if the store doesn''t carry the setting that you want, the store will most likely be able to order it, or something very similar.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results