shape
carat
color
clarity

Question on Princess Cut proportions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FionaH

Rough_Rock
Hi

I have been reading up on the ideal parameters for princess cut stones, and have a question about how table size affects the beauty of the stone.

I have found a stone with all other parameters coming within the class 2a cut (as specified on this site) but the table is 82%.

Here are the details:

2.01ct
7.37 x 7.11 x 4.8
Depth: 67.5%
Table: 82%
Girdle: thin to slightly thick
Polish: very good
Symmetry: good
Colour: G
Clarity SI2
No Flourescence

Is this size table a problem?

I am considering this stone against another which does fall within all the 2a cut parameters but is $1500 more expensive and is 1 colour better (F colour). Details are below:

2.10 cts
Colour F
Clarity SI2
Measurements: 7.54 x 7.22 x 4.96
Depth: 68.7%
table: 71%
Polish Very Good
Symmetry: good
No flourescence
Girdle: medium

Is it worth me paying the extra $2500 to get a smaller table size? I'm not that bothered whether the colour is G or F so long as it looks white (they are both GIA stones so this shouldn't be a problem)

Thanks

FionaH

:tongue:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Fiona,

Is it worth me paying the extra $2500 to get a smaller table size?

Only you can decide... Extra $1,500 is not for table size of course but for higher color and .09 carat weight.

Diamonds with large table usually have less dispersion (fire).

82% table sounds a bit too much but you really have to compare both stones to find out whether it worth spending extra $1,500.

Since you're going to spend quite a bit of money, you might want to send both to David Atlas.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results