shape
carat
color
clarity

Question on Platinum and a matching wedding band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/woobug02-ring-done-pictures.33637/=

Here is the link to my brand new er setting made by viachi. Most of you know how long it to me to finally make the big reset move and now I am having problems with the wedding band. I bought the ering setting without the center stone and had mine placed in it. The jewler said he could make a matching band out of platinum with my diamonds. He said it would take a 2- 3 weeks. Well they called last week and had me bring the ering in so they could tweak the wedding band. They had the ering for a week and i went to pick it and maybe the wedding band up only to be told they had cast it three times and it hadn''t come out. They were having to recreate a wax and start over.....It seemed kind of strange? Why would they tell me they needed to tweak the band and then say there was no band??? Ok here is my question. Should I keep waiting or should I just order the matching band from Niceice (they are a viachi retailer)? They said they can get the matching band (no diamonds) in 3-4 weeks. I don''t know what to do..... I am not getting the best feeling about this jewler creation. Can some tell me if Platinum is hard to cast? They made a huge deal about it when I was questioning about what was going on. HELP ME, I am new at Platinum

P36E567T.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m no expert on the details of casting..i do know when Quest made my ring they tried a couple of times and it wasn''t right so they ended up doing it by hand. i have a small size and the design details were giving them problems. anyway, the ring took 2 weeks longer than planned but turned out exactly how i wanted it. What type of return policy does your jeweler have. If you don''t like it can you get a refund or not pay? I would probably give them the chance to do it and see how the finished product turns out. if you don''t like it then look into getting a different band...

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much! I hadn''t thought about the return policy? I will check... This is my first experience with platinum and casting....

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Woobug, yes, I would check on the return policy. If you can wipe your hands of it and walk away if you don''t like the ring they make, then you might as well let them do it. If you can walk away now but not later, I''d walk away now. I would like to know more about this myself, as I''ve thought of having custom work done, but I am picky, and would hate to be stuck.

One custom jeweler I''ve seen says you are not obligated to pay a dime if you don''t like what he makes. If you buy it and wear it for 6 months, and then don''t like it, he''ll still give you a refund but only in the form of credit then. I don''t know how common that type of policy is.

Is there any advantage to having the ring custom made vs. buying it from Niceice?

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woo, I have emailed my sales person at the jewlery store to ask about the return policy. Hopefully, I will hear back soon. The answer to the question about the advantage of niceice or custom is I had no idea about niceice before I ordered the custom ring. Also, the jewler was going to use my diamonds to make the ring and the one from niceice will ahve no diamonds but will be an exact match and actually made by Viachi..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results