shape
carat
color
clarity

Question on OEC suite/melee price

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Friends, I need advice from the collective. What do you think would be a reasonable price for 1.2 ctw of H/I SI1 OEC melee. Stones would be about 0.15/ea. I'm bidding on something I intend to pull apart to repurpose, and don't want to overpay. All thoughts appreciated. Inspiration would be to use them for something like this:
1675956143906.png

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I&R is offering right now for their old cut suites -round about 1k per carat - I think is a good current and readily listed available to view benchmark of what to try to ‘beat’. Both in look, stats and cost.
You’ll also want to take into consideration what you can’t see in unmounted suites, the costs associated with extra (extra as in not buying from who is making the mounting) shipping /removal from item- and what if any credit you get from scrapping the mounting. All of that I’m sure is not news to you at all - but thought I’d throw that in there anyways. :)

In respect to ‘overpaying’ IMO It’s all relative to where I’m going to go for the custom setting - and what they’d charge me for the type of melee to supply themselves in: reclaimed antique OEC , Yoram OEC cuts (tweaked or new), or new foreign-done OEC cuts.

I got my 10-stone 2cttw suite for 2k. Back in 2019. They are really nice makes, if I do say so myself. But that just isn’t found much at all.

My interest in a ‘deal’ would peak up to 1.5k /carat. Depending on the stats and ‘look’ of the individual stones.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for those thoughts, @Rfisher! Very helpful!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty :kiss2:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations and I hope the stones are what you hope for. And that the ring you make looks beautiful!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I won the auction! Now to see what they look like IRL. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed until it arrives.
s-l1600.jpg

So pretty! Now that it’s yours, would you mind sharing the seller you were bidding for?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Congrats - those stones look wonderful!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks promising!
If you will, care to share where your winning bid will end up for $per carat on these?

Well, I won the auction! Now to see what they look like IRL. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed until it arrives.
s-l1600.jpg

chere

Shiny_Rock
Great buy!

A 1ctw 7 stone, OMC ring sold for around $700USD at my local auction a couple of weeks ago. They didn’t have the color, clarity or condition of the stones noted in the listing. And final sale. Too much of a gamble for me.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
That looks like they will be nice! I think you did well. The sapphires are pretty too.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Want to gamble on a sapphire version?
4550C704-1076-4D20-9B40-7917C601754A.jpeg
42C50CA2-DB5E-4128-9AF9-897CBF345053.jpeg

I saw that brooch from Blue Ribbon Rarities. I love the look of the stones, but I don't know scratch about sapphires, and knowing my luck I'd end up with pretty blue glass.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yea therein lives the gamble

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Yea therein lives the gamble
These are unheated, untreated Yogo sapphires per the GIA report. Not cheap, but maybe worth it for someone?
s-l1600.jpg

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
These are unheated, untreated Yogo sapphires per the GIA report. Not cheap, but maybe worth it for someone?
s-l1600.jpg

That’s crazy! I bought what looks to be the same brooch last week. 90230E3E-6BEB-43E7-A578-9CC24DADFBC6.png

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mrsz1ppy -- Did you buy the Litnon brooch? It has 7 Montana sapphires and 8 freshwater pearls.

The eBay brooch has 8 Montana sapphires and 7 freshwater pearls.

Remarkably similar!

And, I've actually seen others in this same alternating Montana Sapphire/FW pearl straight-pin design ... really a lovely aesthetic :)

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
@Mrsz1ppy -- Did you buy the Litnon brooch? It has 7 Montana sapphires and 8 freshwater pearls.

The eBay brooch has 8 Montana sapphires and 7 freshwater pearls.

Remarkably similar!

And, I've actually seen others in this same alternating Montana Sapphire/FW pearl straight-pin design ... really a lovely aesthetic :)

I did! It’s not here yet, but I definitely need to send it for an origin report.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results