shape
carat
color
clarity

Question on diamond - Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

banzai

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone. I don''t have all the details handy, but I was wondering if I could get a rough idea of what you think of this bad boy.

Round brilliant
1.52 G, VS1
Table 58
Depth 60.5
VG/VG
7.41x7.46
$10,400

I just spoke with the guy, and thats what he said over the phone. I''m gonna see him tomorrow and take a look at the stone. He says he can see hearts and arrows through the viewer. I''m still waiting for my ideal scope to arrive in the mail!

Any opinions?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
It could be nice. Does it have any fluorescence???? Do you know the girdle thickness? Also, ask or a Sain or OGI report...

Giangi

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here is a template of what you need to be told about a diamond, especially one you are not looking at, but attempting to purchase sight unseen.

Rounds:
measurements: min and max diameter and depth in mm
table%
crown angle avg or every crown angle (slight overkill)
crown height%
pavilion angle or pavilion%
All angles are great but rarely given
Girdle thickness: maximum and minimum.
Total depth% may be calculated or given to you, but it is important.
Polish
Symmetry
The name of the Laboratory that performed the grading should be known and considered.

Fancy shapes:
Pretty much the same things
Measurements so you can determine squareness or L:W ratio
Table%
Crown Height% The angles mean little on fancy shapes.
Girdle thickness: Max and Min as well as the location and amount of very thin girdle areas.
Total Depth% which may be given or readily calculated.
Polish
Symmetry
The name of the Laboratory that performed the grading should be known and considered.

In-House grading may be very accurate, but who knows?

If you can obtain all these facts, you will be best able to make some valuable judgements on the diamond. Without some of these facts, there is much more degree of error involved in any advice you may receive.

banzai

Rough_Rock
I'm going to look at it today. It has no flourescence and a thin-medium girdle. I'm going to try to get a Sarin report as well or maybe have it sent to get one.

If the table is 58%, is it still possible to have hearts and arrows? I thought you had to be within the 53-57 range.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results