shape
carat
color
clarity

Question on a Possible stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilikeshinythings

Rough_Rock
Hi again all,

I have narrowed down the search to a few stones now and I have the details on this particular one that I saw and really liked the look of. I am wondering if it passes muster in terms of value though. here come the specs:

Shape--Emerald Cut
Measurements--6.64x5.04x3.40mm
Weight--1.04 carat

Depth---67.5%
Table---61%
Girdle--Slightly thick to thick
Culet--None

Polish--Very Good
Symmetry--Very Good

Clarity Grade--SI1
Color Grade--E
Fluorescence--none

They want $4500 for it. I can''t seem to find any stones taht compare exactly to it but the ones with better clarity (VS2ish) are a LOT more expensive. There are not many like it though it doesnt seem.

Thanks for any help you can give.

DBM

Shiny_Rock
They want $4500 for it. I can''t seem to find any stones taht compare exactly to it but the ones with better clarity (VS2ish) are a LOT more expensive. There are not many like it though it doesnt seem.

Thanks for any help you can give.

THAT is definitely true. Sometimes you can gain by playing "the list price" game. If the SI1 is not noticeable then you can sometimes gain in paying for a small discount on an SI1 versus a big discount on the list price of a VS. If you can look and choose among even more SI1s than all the better but when limited in choice alot of people do go with the SI1 over the VS simpy for the lower price.

is your stone GIA btw? why not do a search and compare if you''re worried about price?

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Really need pictures for an EC. Numbers are not very useful.

Most ECs with SI1 gradings will not be eye clean. Is this one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results