shape
carat
color
clarity

Question Gemscan Cuts and possible stone...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mouffie

Rough_Rock
Does anyone now the different levels on which the cut is a gemscan is evaluated. I know that there is Ideal, then very good, but after that there are words like good, medium, standard. I don''t know which ones are better than others.

I''m looking at a 0.96 H colour, SI2 round stone with the following dimensions: 6.26-6.23 x 3.99. The gemscan certificate gives it a "good" cut. Does anyone have an opinion?

Also, how does one find out any info on crown height, pavillion depth, and various angles on a particular stone?

Any help would be great!! Thanks!!

Brocksgirl24

Rough_Rock
Hi Mouffie, I just bought a GemScan certified diamond and it came with a little card that had all the details you are looking for (angles, height etc). If you are interested in the diamond, I assume you could probably contact them for this information. Just so you know, the diamond I purchased was an IDEAL cut diamond but when we took it to get independantly appraised by HW (respected TOronto appraiser) it was only considered GOOD cut. HW is very strict in grading, but it is something to think about. Maybe you should stick with higher GemScan gradings.

mouffie

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your suggestions. I phoned the store, and the gem scan card only states cut and dimensions. Do you mean call Gemscan with the ID number to get extra information on angles, table, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results