shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for you who are fully-vaccinated ...

If fully vaccinated, will you go maskless

• Yes

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • No

Votes: 56 74.7%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 7 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will you go maskless?
I'm talking about after not only both shots, but after the month(?) it takes after the second to reach the highest level of immunity the vaccine provides.
Yeah, duh, I know, the JJ vacc requires only one shot.

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got my second Moderna shot today, and my answer is, No, I'm gonna continue full mask use just as before until we reach herd immunity.

But, thanks to our lovely Trump/Con/Repub party, we may never reach it. :wall::doh::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

Last edited:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
For now I will wear it when it makes sense which is pretty much the same as what I have been doing.
Store or doctors office you bet because some people are just plain nasty and you never know.
Outside walking around I have it with me in case I want to stop and chat with someone otherwise dont wear it just walking around or in the car.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
But, thanks to our lovely Trump/Con/Repub party, we may never reach herd immunity. :wall::doh:
There never was much chance of herd immunity happening with volunteer vaccines.
The use of the lower protection j&j put it even further away.
I know more dems who are refusing the shots than I do republicans so dont turn it into politics.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I think I'd keep wearing it inside stores/interior spaces.

Outside, where I'm not near anyone, no. If it's crowded outside, I would likely continue wearing it for a reasonable period of time.

But, to be fair, if I was walking outside completely by myself, not near anyone on an empty street or in my own yard, I didn't wear it before the vaccine.

I kind of think inside masks are going to just be the new normal, even with vaccines for a very long while.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There never was much chance of herd immunity happening with volunteer vaccines.
The use of the lower protection j&j put it even further away.
I know more dems who are refusing the shots than I do republicans so dont turn it into politics.

It's not politics.
It's numbers.

Your personal experience is a sample size of one.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got my second Moderna shot today, and my answer is, No, I'm gonna continue full mask use just as before until we reach herd immunity.

But, thanks to our lovely Trump/Con/Repub party, we may never reach it. :wall::doh::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

so when will that be? :confused:

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Fully vaccinated and past the one month mark. I will continue to wear my mask in crowded areas and in stores to protect those who haven't gotten the shots. We need to slow down the mutation of the virus, if not, all of this will be for nothing.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will continue to wear a mask after I get my second shot.

Did you get vaccinated @Dancing Fire ?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I wear a mask when I go out and plan to continue until it stops being the norm. Mainly, I do it out of politeness. None of the strangers I come into contact with have any way of knowing that I'm fully vaccinated, so it seems rude to cause people to worry.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The rules on mask wearing and social distancing apply to society, not individuals, in the U.K., so relaxation will happen for everyone simultaneously once government decides infection rates are controlled enough. I like this approach: we’re all in this together and reach milestones together. I think some people here would find it frustrating/objectionable if different social distancing riules applied to individuals depending solely on when they had happened to be able to be vaccinated. I’m happy to continue to wear a mask until the rule no longer applies to anyone, for social cohesion and in consideration of others. Not that my view matters as I haven’t had my second jab yet anyway!

How do shops etc in the US know if someone is maskless and vaccinated or just maskless? Do you need to show proof of vaccination on entry?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will continue to wear a mask after I get my second shot.

Did you get vaccinated @Dancing Fire ?
Hi CC :wavey: long time no see hope everything is going well for you and your family. We need to talk politics. :lol:

Not yet. I have never taken any kind of vaccination in my life. I don't believe in injecting drugs into my body.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi CC :wavey: long time no see hope everything is going well for you and your family. We need to talk politics. :lol:

Not yet. I have never taken any kind of vaccination in my life. I don't believe in injecting drugs into my body.

I wish we could @Dancing Fire. Please keep wearing the mask in crowds. I want you to stay safe. I hope you and your family are doing well.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been fully vaccinated since the start of March and have continued to wear a mask. Lots of colleagues have noted that with all the mask wearing, hand sanitising and distancing they haven’t had a cold or gastric bug in the past year. It clearly works!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fully vaccinated, and as @lissyflo says, we’re still required to wear masks. We were talking about this the other day, and we will continue to wear masks inside even after we’re not required to. It’s no big deal and we don’t find it onerous to do so.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I’ve been fully vaccinated since the start of March and have continued to wear a mask. Lots of colleagues have noted that with all the mask wearing, hand sanitising and distancing they haven’t had a cold or gastric bug in the past year. It clearly works!

This. I enjoy wearing a mask out in public. It's an extra layer of sun protection under harsh S. California UV (i still wear spf 50 daily), cuts a lot of smells (other people's odors) as well! My mask peaks away from my face so I don't have trouble with it at all.

DF didn't they jab you for smallpox in HK? And don't you drink? :lol:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This. I enjoy wearing a mask out in public. It's an extra layer of sun protection under harsh S. California UV (i still wear spf 50 daily), cuts a lot of smells (other people's odors) as well! My mask peaks away from my face so I don't have trouble with it at all.

Where I live we have the opposite weather conditions, a face mask keeps you warm and dry!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my state its still mandatory, so yes I will still wear it, I do not wear it around family and friends though, they all have been fully vaccinated as I have...so its a mixed answer for me.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I will continue to wear my mask until covid numbers drop significantly more than they have.I'm only going to trust the vaccine when it proves it's self to be truly effective. As of now I have only had one shot of the Oxford vaccine

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont think I really have a choice to not wear a mask yet. Most stores that I've been going into still require a mask. I'm ok with
that. If I were not I would choose to not go to that store.

I do feel ok about eating out now as long as tables are distanced. I don't wear mask outside but then I tend to be by myself.
I do steer away from people/crowds outside but I did that before covid.:lol:

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Like a number of others, I continue to wear a mask when I'm out & about, as I live in a very densely populated area. Even when out walking around or in the park. But we've recently started to see more of our friends who are also fully vaccinated and its been amazing to hang out with them without masks.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm still serving on jury duty, which dismissed early yesterday so I could get my second shot.
The courtroom has severely limited the number of people in the building, I'd guess down to 10 or 20% of usual.
There are several roving cleaning people constantly wiping down door handles and seats.
Instead of sitting crammed together in the jury box we are spread out in a courtroom with 90 seats.
Only a few members of the defendant's family are allowed to attend.

Still, I've noticed that when we 15 jurors walk down the hall, we travel in tight clump ... like cars on the freeway. Duh! :doh:
Not too smart considering walking increases respiration compared to just sitting still for hours.
I'll either rush to be in the front of the clump, or just stand and wait a bit to let the clump pass.
Then their cloud of exhaled breath has time to dissipate somewhat.

I even do the same thing outside when we 15 wait for the green light to cross the street.

Better safe than sorry.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am fully vaccinated but still wear my mask at doctor offices and inside shopping. I don’t wear it outside and I still am not comfortable eating inside at a restaurant with friends. But outdoors is ok.

FWIW We rarely wore a mask outside even before our vaccines. We can easily stay away from others outdoors when cycling or walking but wore one in public restrooms.

I agree. Better safe than sorry.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Fully vaccinated since February 10 and I haven't changed my mask behavior. I'm still nervous about eating in the presence of people who aren't in my bubble. I also don't like the idea of being around vaccinated people who I know aren't careful (like my ILs who are on vacation #7 since April 2020). I'm pregnant and high risk by virtue of that and asthma. My toddler is unvaccinated and I don't buy the whole line of "COVID doesn't really affect kids" because I don't think there is enough data to support it. The new variants make me nervous, especially the "double mutant" one that is ravaging India at the moment.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I continue to wear a mask indoors. I don't do large gatherings outside, and at the beach have a mask available should I need one. I don't typically wear a mask outside.

FL is roughly 44% either vaccinated, partially vaccinated, or had the virus. Spring break, with all the people vacationing here, lead to a pretty decent bump of cases. With 22 million people they're saying they're on track to reach the 60% mark in May. We shall see.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My whole family had to be vaccinated - for smallpox, I think it was - before we could move to the US.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will continue to wear a mask indoors in crowded or potentially crowded or poorly ventilated public spaces for now. There are still people in lower priority groups who may not be fully vaccinated yet, for whatever reason. In another month or so... I’m not sure. Earlier this week we had our first prolonged indoor visit with hubby’s mother and her sweetie. We’re all fully vaccinated as of last week. But Mom is very vulnerable, health-wise, and even a mild case of Covid would probably do her in. Hubby isn’t concerned about that (admittedly, very small) risk, but I am.

I don’t feel a need to wear a mask outdoors.

Colleen

Rough_Rock
Will you go maskless?
I'm talking about after not only both shots, but after the month(?) it takes after the second to reach the highest level of immunity the vaccine provides.
Yeah, duh, I know, the JJ vacc requires only one shot.

I think there are several good reasons to continue wearing a mask after herd immunity. It will help in cold/flu season and with certain allergies too. No one should feel threatened by a mask wearer unless they’re a bandit lol.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

GamGam

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have not posted here in years, but wanted to add my thoughts. I am 83, and fully vaccinated. My state and couty no longer have mask requirements. But I still wear the mask when shopping, etc. because most stores require it. However, I am now playing bridge once a week with a dozen or so of my friends, and we do not wear masks!! We are all fully vaccinated, and we I trust the efficacy of the vaccine. And it’s so good to be in a group again and not worry about Covid.
I will wear a mask until we can get the children vaccinated. But I will not wear a mask forever because others refuse to be vaccinated.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results