shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for you who are fully-vaccinated ...

If fully vaccinated, will you go maskless

• Yes

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • No

Votes: 56 74.7%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 7 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I understand, but Babyblue and her DH are protected since they are fully vaccinated so what's the point of getting vaccinated if they act like they were un-vaccinated? :doh::doh::doh:

Vaccinated people can still spread it to people who are unable to be vaccinated. You do know that some people have legitimate health conditions and cannot be vaccinated so they rely on herd immunity, don't you? Or do you think people like that don't matter? Also children cannot be vaccinated yet. MIS-C is a concern.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vaccinated people can still spread it to people who are unable to be vaccinated. You do know that some people have legitimate health conditions and cannot be vaccinated so they rely on herd immunity, don't you? Or do you think people like that don't matter? Also children cannot be vaccinated yet. MIS-C is a concern.
IOW, This virus will never end. No such thing as 100% herd immunity.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is most likely correct. The virus is likely to become endemic similar to the flu viruses. It's up to humans to do what is necessary to relieve the burden of covid-19 in an effort to avoid the debacle that was 2019-20. If we haven't learned from the brutal lessons of these past 15 months, then we're a whole 'nother level of stupid. It's not nice to piss of mother nature.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

Humans are dumb and we'll never reach 100%. But I was responding to your original snark of why @Babyblue033 would wear masks when she and her husband are both vaccinated, and why they got vaccinated if they plan to continue to wear masks. She has children at home who cannot be vaccinated yet. If she doesn't wear a mask and she brings it home, she may not get sick but her children can still get sick.

MIS-C is a roll of dice, you never know if your unlucky child will be the small % to develop it. My mom and siblings are vaccinated. When they visit, they wear masks inside my house. They understand the risks and don't want to get my son sick. We (me, husband, son) also mask up when they are over. Masks don't bother us, we have nice ones from Taiwan and Korea and they're so light you can't feel them.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Humans are dumb and we'll never reach 100%. But I was responding to your original snark of why @Babyblue033 would wear masks when she and her husband are both vaccinated, and why they got vaccinated if they plan to continue to wear masks. She has children at home who cannot be vaccinated yet. If she doesn't wear a mask and she brings it home, she may not get sick but her children can still get sick.
Thank you, this exactly. I have 2 little ones who cannot be vaccinated yet. Sure, kids are at less risk and vaccinated people are less likely to transmit the virus, but there's still a chance. And if wearing the mask for a few more months will reduce that risk for my kids even slightly, of course I'll do whatever I can. Honestly at this point, I don't even know what's the big deal of wearing a mask anyway.

What would REALLY piss me off would be to survive a year long global pandemic, to finally get vaccinated, then to have my kids get sick with it

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results