shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for WF custom designed E-ring owners?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just out of curiosity, how long did the entire process take, from design and diamond approval, to shipment of the ring?

BF and I are on a very strict timeline as our wedding (semi-elopement, hehe) is the second week of March. I know absolutely no specific details about the ring, all I know is that he''s "working on it" and I just want to have some kind of basic idea of how long the entire process had taken your FIs. I''m about to burst at the seam, I''m so excited, but I''m a nervous wreck because of all I have left to do before March!

Oh, and please feel free to post pics of your rings . . . because that''s always fun.
1.gif

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
WF got my diamond on Nov 15 and I recieved the ring on Dec 10. Prior to sending them the diamond, I had faxed them drawings and pictures a couple of days earlier so they could see what I was looking for. Shipping is always overnight. My ring took a little longer than I think is customary b/c I chose to use WF at the last minute and it was right before the holidays.

This thread shows wax, completed ring, and hand shots:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-ring-will-soon-be-on-its-way.37170/=

This thread shows others WF custom rings:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-whiteflash-custom-e-rings.30417/=

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
I hope your BF let you have input into choice of style of the ring. After having shopped a couple of times with my husband for a very belated ring (way over 20 yrs. of marriage) and hoping he would design something according to my taste, he decided everything about the ring by himself. I swear it took him another 4 years to present me with a ring. Now eight years later, I''ve decided to find a setting I really love. Wishing you the best!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2006 4:36:30 PM
Author: tulip928
I hope your BF let you have input into choice of style of the ring. After having shopped a couple of times with my husband for a very belated ring (way over 20 yrs. of marriage) and hoping he would design something according to my taste, he decided everything about the ring by himself. I swear it took him another 4 years to present me with a ring. Now eight years later, I''ve decided to find a setting I really love. Wishing you the best!

Tulip, thank you for your well wishes - best of luck to you with your belated ring, dear!

I''m not allowed to know anything about the design. BUT, he''s been shopping with me forever and knows I want an Asscher. He''s a digital artist and has designed several rings to "show me" over the past couple of years and they have all been absolutely gorgeous.

I''m really hoping for the last design he showed me which was a very simple bezel set Asscher without any side diamonds. I''ve not had good luck with my diamond bands lately, and so I''m paranoid of melee falling out of the ring I''ll be wearing the rest of my life, so I want a 2 or 3 mm flat pipe cut wedding band, and the ring he designed a couple of months ago would be perfect!

We''ll see - if I know him, it''s very sleek, modern, and minimalist.
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2006 3:25:44 PM
Author: jazmine
WF got my diamond on Nov 15 and I recieved the ring on Dec 10. Prior to sending them the diamond, I had faxed them drawings and pictures a couple of days earlier so they could see what I was looking for. Shipping is always overnight. My ring took a little longer than I think is customary b/c I chose to use WF at the last minute and it was right before the holidays.

This thread shows wax, completed ring, and hand shots:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-ring-will-soon-be-on-its-way.37170/=

This thread shows others WF custom rings:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-whiteflash-custom-e-rings.30417/=

Wow, Jazmine! Your ring is soooo gorgeous! Exquisitely designed and the workmanship is just beautiful!

It also helps that you gave me a timeline - less than a month seems completely plausible. Thanks for the links to the threads!

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
That''s so funny, Lauren - mine is a digital artist too. I''m sure your ring will be beautiful. What exciting days these are for you!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Mine was 1 month start to finish...but thanksgiving was during that time and it was the busy season, so it took longer than usual. Their normal turnaround is two weeks.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Two weeks is typical but it can take longer or shorter depending on timeline, what's in the queue and what is around the dates aka holidays etc etc. The best bet is to talk to someone over there and find out what their thoughts are on timeline now for your particular project, sometimes it can take less time or more as well depending on the setting style and also how many iterations/design rounds you go through etc etc. Good luck!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
My pear diamond was purchased as an upgrade and set in a simple cathedral solitaire until I decided what custom design I wanted.

Hired the first jeweler to make my custom design, and he botched the job twice and kept my money tied (and no diamond to wear) up for nearly a year.
39.gif

Hired Quest Jewelers after that experience, and had rings within a few weeks.
36.gif

Horribly painful experience that was made right in the end.
1.gif

ETA: Sorry, not a WF design, but thought I'd share it anyway. WF should ahve your rings in about 3 weeks.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
they didn''t do an e-ring but they made my eternity band in 10 days..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results