shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for VCA owners: any regrets? and advice for first time buyer?

pricescopenewbie

Shiny_Rock
Hello my follow PCers!

I have been drooling over all the beautiful VCA pieces here and have been checking online for a while. I recently start to feel that little voice in me is whispering and urging me to pull the trigger - but before I ever do that, I would hope to get advice from all you kind PSers here. My questions are: Which pieces of yours get the most use? Any regrets on any purchase? Which one(s) would you suggest to start with?

I found some comments online stating that the gem stones of the alhambra collection loose lust and show scratches over time and are high maintenance. Is this true per your experience? These comments kinda scared me because I am not gentle to my jewelries at all and I often times forget to take them off.

Thank you so much for your suggestions!

My 2 cents: Buy only after some careful consideration as to your lifestyle and (true) preferences. For your first piece I would suggest something wearable, neutral and that doesn't need to be babied a lot (either solid gold or diamond pave would be the most sturdy, but ofc the pave is very expensive).

P

Petalouda

I agree with the above poster. I owned two VCA pieces. The mini Alhambra and the medium Perlee ring and I ended up selling both. The Perlee ring just didn’t really go with anything I owned and I stopped wearing it. The mini Alhambra I loved but I was always paranoid that I would ruin the mother of pearl with my active lifestyle so I stopped wearing it too. Both pieces were well made and beautiful however so there was nothing wrong with VCA in itself.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Perhaps this should be moved to the VCA thread?

I have the onyx Vintage Alhambra Earrings and bracelet and I don't treat them any differently than any of my other jewelry. They are holding up very well with no noticeable signs of wear or scratches. I do treat my jewelry well in general (take it off at night, don't wear it in the shower or pool, etc.)

I get positive comments all the time from people out in the world who have never heard of VCA but just love the bold look of the design.

I'm told that some types of stones are more durable and others are less. I believe carnelian and onyx are on the more durable side, whereas MOP and malachite are less.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hi!

I have 3 VCA bracelets: (all mini) as I have very small wrists.

Diamond pave sweet Alhambra
6 motif sweet Alhambra in rose gold
Single motif sweet Alhambra in carnelian

I wear the single sweet the most. I wear it everyday. I do NOT baby it at all. I tie it to my scrubs when I work, and I have no scratches on it. I love it, and despite its small size, receive many compliments.

I am having a custom one made in malachite.

I can’t recommend these bracelets enough!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results