shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for those of you who have submitted stones to AGL

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I want a report on a stone and based on their website it sounds like you just mail them your stone with a memo of what you think it is and the kind of report you want along with your contact info. For those of you who have done this, did you just mail them the stone with a memo or did you contact them first to let them know to expect it? When was payment rendered? I was thinking of just sending a check with the stone but I would still need to pay for return shipping upon completion. Sharing any other experience you have is welcome. Thanks!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Question for those of you who have submitted stones to A

Send the stone with the size, dimensions, gem type, report requested, and funds to include return shipping, return
address.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock

Thanks! What if I don't know the exact dimensions? How do I know how much return shipping costs?

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade

You can handle all the payment over the phone with them using your credit card. When they ship it back they will charge your card for the shipping. Just so you know, they don't ship it back cheap.

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock

I contacted them first just to confirm what info they wanted included with the stone. I then included a memo with the required info and what report option I wanted. I added my phone number with instructions to call me upon completion for payment.

My return shipping experience was very acceptable price wise. I think it was around $40 for overnight delivery with full insurance via FedEx.

~Justin

kelpie

Ideal_Rock

Thanks Gene and Justin!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Make sure you send them your phone number, so they can contact you. They need that so they can charge you over the phone (that's usually easier than email and other ways).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results