shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for those of you (or whose FI/DH) who have a secret stone...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
I have seen some gorgeous bands (mens and womens) with secret stones set on the inside, rubies, diamonds or sapphires. I am considering doing this for our bands, setting a secret sapphire in both because we are both September babies. My only concern is whether the secret stone setting will get dirty and grimy over time. I was thinking since after washing your hands, the remaining moisture, the hole that the stone is set in....

Does anyone have thoughts about this or personal experience? I would really appreciate any wisdom!

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
here''s an example of what I meant by "secret stone". Hope the owner doesnt mind that I am using her picture!

secretstone.jpg

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
hi!!!!!!!!!!
35.gif
i have 4 secret stones, 1 pink and 3 blue sapphires, embedded inside my band. they are are breeze to care for and involve very little maintenance.

hope this helps.....
26.gif

kimmyintexas

Shiny_Rock
That is such a cool idea. I read somewhere that sapphires are also a symbol of faithfulness so that is another wonderful reason to put them in your wedding bands!

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Are the secret stones comfortable against your skin? I assume they are set flush with the shank so that you can't feel them, but what happens if your finger swells a bit? I am contemplating this idea for a personal project I'm working on, but was concerned about day to day comfort.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband and I both have a pink sapphire set into our rings from Brian Gavin. We can't feel them at all, they are flush with the inside of the ring.

maisiebgdringbothrings34.jpg

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
hi ericad
35.gif
. i am totally unaffected by my secret stones...i have never, even from the start, ever felt them!!! here''s a picture of mine to give you an idea of how mine look and sit within the band.....

surprises.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results