shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for the men

Dcrafty1

Shiny_Rock
Do you get upset when we want to upgrade or change our er? How long before it’s okay.

I just received my ring and because I had so much input (like All) my fiancé says I shouldn’t expect to upgrade until at least our 10 year anniversary. I can definitely see myself with a 2 carat F. Hopefully DSS doesn’t kick in anytime soon.

I see lots of PSers upgrading. Wondering how the men feel.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn't bother me if she does upgrade but my wife isn't the upgrade type of person. Depending on who is paying for the upgrade. :Up_to_something:

amoline

Shiny_Rock
I'm not engaged/married, but the type of person I am I think it would depend. I couldn't say I would be upset, but maybe a little disappointed if she asked too quickly, like a year or two in.

That said, I think it would depend on a financial situation. If it were viable, sure, go to town.

There's no way to tell how you'll feel, either. My mother has never really had "DSS" and she has been married for almost 30 years now, and in her mid 50's. Still the same 1/2 carat diamond that she had back then, and heck, she doesn't even wear her ring very often. :D It also depends on how what you have looks on hand. As for my mom, she still wears a size 3.5/4 in rings, so everything looks pretty significant.

NorthernIce

Rough_Rock
Wouldn't bother me at all unless it compromised the family's financial situation and impacted other important projects.

I wonder though if there would be more satisfaction in waiting longer, saving up, and going for a larger more noticeable upgrade versus frequent tiny upgrades that are barely noticeable. Or in using that money to purchase other jewelry pieces. Of course this is personal and each person finds satisfaction their own way.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I upgraded my wifey4vr's ER before we even got married.
She still has the first one and will not part with it which is kewl with me.
Everyone is different and its all about open communication and respect of each others feelings.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rather than upgrading, I have bought at least three engagement rings for my lovely lady. I love doing it for her, and she loves wearing them at different times.

Wink

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results