shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for solitaire diamond cuff/bangle owners....

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, I'm trying to work out what to do with my cushion cut diamond from my original e'ring. I'm considering having a diamond solitaire cuff/bangle made, however I'm wondering how comfortable they are? I'd want this bangle for everyday wear, if you own one how do you find it? Are they comfy enough to wear everyday? Also is it safe to wear other bangles with it or are they likely to damage the diamond?
I've attached a pic from JbG's facebook page as a point of reference. I'd be looking at something like the bangle in the middle of the stack. I know quite a few P'sers have them so I'd love to hear what you think. Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• 20201213_102324.jpg
    20201213_102324.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 33

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a double ended cuff, bought years ago from JBG. It’s one of my most worn jewellery pieces and is easy and comfortable to wear. You need to be careful to get the sizing right, though. I like my bracelets to fit quite closely, and I really have to push this one to get it on. That’s the only downside.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I work with a laptop and had mine made without the balls at the end to lessen the amount of banging.

I have yet to wear it for work except to try it out and it was comfortable.

I wore it on its own or with another bracelet, and liked to combine it with a tennis bracelet the most.

Scratching/abrasion would be as expected, however it will be a while before it develops a patina as dressier events are far and between nowadays.

DK :))

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is super comfy and I was just thinking this today that it's so much easier than wearing a ring. Mine is quite snug which works well and the oval shape fits my wrist perfectly. It's so easy to put on and take off. I'm finding that I reach for the bangle more than my rings (Aussie summer and fingers swell).

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for responding! I have a really small wrist and find that oval shaped bangles fit much better than round, which is also why I thought the cuff style might be a good idea. @dk168 that's a great point about the balls, I can imagine them digging into your wrist if you're leaning against something. Sounds like everyone is happy with the comfort level of theirs, so it's definitely given me some food for thought!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if the balls at the ends serves a function or is purely aesthetic.

They probably make the ends to dig less into the flesh when putting the bangle on and taking off.

I decided not to have them on mine with no reported issues, as the ends are nicely rounded and not sharp.

Mine too is oval in shape, and sits quite loose on my wrist and I can push it up towards the elbow if the banging against the laptop gets on my nerve.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
For those of you who wear these, do you find them secure with the cuff design and the gap? I had a vendor tell me they would prefer not to make one with a sizable diamond in a cuff b/c of the risk of loss (they suggested a closed bangle instead). Which seemed odd to me b/c I have seen all of these gorgeous cuffs with larger stones. And I really wouldn’t think a full bangle would be as comfortable.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 2 stone open bangle. Super comfortable and I never take it off. Have never had it even come close to coming off and I’m constantly putting on and taking off layers haha.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 2 stone open bangle. Super comfortable and I never take it off. Have never had it even come close to coming off and I’m constantly putting on and taking off layers haha.

Thank you! How big is the gap in your bracelet, if you don’t mind my asking?

@GeorgieQ , as to damage to the diamond from neighboring bracelets, I do not have one of these bangles, but my guess is that the risk would be negligible, provided that the stone is bezeled. (All of them I have seen are in a bezel). I suppose you could still whack the table of the stone on something as you move your arm around, but no more so than with a ring, right?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I want one too! It is now on my "list" and I even have the diamond for it.

After reading this thread, I'll be sure to first try out an inexpensive thin cuff bracelet to be sure I get the size right.

The possibility of it falling off bothers me too, though it doesn't seem to be an issue from what's been said here. Just for the extra piece of mind, when I get mine done I think I'll have a safety chain included.

Can't wait to see what you get!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tonks in theory, an open cuff bangle is less secure than a closed bangle due to the opening.

However, who in the right mind would make the opening so big for the bangle to slip through with ease?!

This is the gap on mine, against my wrist sideways.

I would have to be very drunk or in a coma for it to be taken off me without notice!

20201213_153650.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is how mine sits on my wrist which is the narrowest part, and I can push it further up my arm.

20201213_160539.jpg

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I don't know if the balls at the ends serves a function or is purely aesthetic.

They probably make the ends to dig less into the flesh when putting the bangle on and taking off.

I decided not to have them on mine with no reported issues, as the ends are nicely rounded and not sharp.

Mine too is oval in shape, and sits quite loose on my wrist and I can push it up towards the elbow if the banging against the laptop gets on my nerve.

It is supposed to keep them from spinning. I had two of her bangles- Grace. I have taken them apart though at this point. I hated those balls. They always snagged on my clothes and caught on things. I prefer a rounded flat end.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is a cuff and it took a little getting used to bc it is snug and you have to squeeze it to put it on. But. After the initial pinching—it is super safe and comfy! It’s the only bracelet I wear constantly! C0312E5B-7D59-41C6-9B1E-3B9C93A68B3D.jpeg

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is a cuff and it took a little getting used to bc it is snug and you have to squeeze it to put it on. But. After the initial pinching—it is super safe and comfy! It’s the only bracelet I wear constantly! C0312E5B-7D59-41C6-9B1E-3B9C93A68B3D.jpeg

Omg, @nala that is gorgeous. And your ER!!!!! Sigh.....

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, wow it didn't even occur to me that it could fall off :shock: I always thought cuffs were meant to sit more fitted on your wrist so that there may be a bit of movement up and down but certainly no spinning like a whole bangle. Also don't you use the opening to put it on by sort of twisting it onto your wrist (I realise I'm probably making no sense here!)? @dk168 is that how you get yours on? I would probably be more worried about accidentally hitting it against something than it falling off. @Tonks you're right, it's no more at risk of knocks than a ring and the bezel would protect it somewhat. @seaurchin great idea to try out a cheapie first, I might do the same and @nala beautiful bangle and your ring stopped me in my tracks, it's gorgeous!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@GeorgieQ I have always squeezed my wrist sideways into an open cuff bangle bracelet.

I believe that's how they are made, for the opening gap to fit the wrist sideways to minimise the risk of them falling off.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! How big is the gap in your bracelet, if you don’t mind my asking?

It’s only an inch long gap. I really have never felt it was at risk of falling off as I have to apply a fair amount of pressure and slightly bend the bangle to remove it. It’s oval in shape so it fits nice and tight. I honestly feel like it’s safer than wearing any bracelet with a clasp.

C7871220-F568-4EED-B373-F5D3044F0905.jpeg 8DA8836A-4554-4873-83A0-C3EE581A6A31.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
For those of you who wear these, do you find them secure with the cuff design and the gap? I had a vendor tell me they would prefer not to make one with a sizable diamond in a cuff b/c of the risk of loss (they suggested a closed bangle instead). Which seemed odd to me b/c I have seen all of these gorgeous cuffs with larger stones. And I really wouldn’t think a full bangle would be as comfortable.

A few years ago i went and lookdd for a bangle with stones in and was told they are no longer stocked because they get too damaged :x2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@nala Mine is a little big. I emailed David to see if I could squeeze it a little to make it smaller. At that point there wouldn’t be much space to get it on. I hate to send it back. I love it so much...I just think it needs to be smaller. I think you can see that on the side it has a space. It’s big enough for it to turn. 518FEDF8-2DFF-4F23-A7D8-C167E7EFDFAD.jpeg

mjea

Shiny_Rock
Who made everyone's lovely cuff bangles?
I've had a Shan Adams 9mm OEC (handcut CZ) sitting around in my jewelry box for 3 years and I wonder if I should just set it in a cuff and move on. I thought it was such a pretty stone and size I impulse purchased it -.- It's a CZ though so I wouldn't want to spend too much.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
@nala Mine is a little big. I emailed David to see if I could squeeze it a little to make it smaller. At that point there wouldn’t be much space to get it on. I hate to send it back. I love it so much...I just think it needs to be smaller. I think you can see that on the side it has a space. It’s big enough for it to turn. 518FEDF8-2DFF-4F23-A7D8-C167E7EFDFAD.jpeg

Can you show us what the back looks like? Do you like it fitting looser?

Who made everyone's lovely cuff bangles?
I've had a Shan Adams 9mm OEC (handcut CZ) sitting around in my jewelry box for 3 years and I wonder if I should just set it in a cuff and move on. I thought it was such a pretty stone and size I impulse purchased it -.- It's a CZ though so I wouldn't want to spend too much.

The one I have was made by DK. I bought preloved though.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you show us what the back looks like? Do you like it fitting looser?

The one I have was made by DK. I bought preloved though.

I did send mine back @maryjane04..David closed it and made a side clasp. I think it will wind up on IG because he sent me a video last night..I can try to post it tomorrow..but you may just want to see an open bangle. I don’t have that anymore. @nala and @dk168 have beautiful ones though.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @MamaBee
I do have an open cuff bangle and it fits very snugly. I don't think I could have a loose one. :)
Can't wait to see it on DK's insta or I'm sure you'll share it here.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results