shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for Rich Sherwood>>>>

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Novice Fire

Rough_Rock
I would great appreciate your input on these specs!!!!

here what im looking at.

1.68 ct round brilliant
color I
SI2
clas 1b "ideal" cut
polish & symmetry are good
dimentions 7.64 X 7.58 X 4.76 mm
total debth 62.5
table 54.3
gia cert
inert to uv
slightly thin faceted girdle
closed cutlet

Novice Fire

Rough_Rock
please someone help me!!!!!! I have no idea about this diamond that someone if offering to me. They are asking for 8450. I have no idea if that s good or not.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Well, I'm not Rich, but please post additional cut informations(crown, pavilion...), if you have them.
1.gif

Novice Fire

Rough_Rock
thank you. here is some more info
crown 16.3 %
pavillion 43.1%
cutlet closed

angels not sure what they are called
but the angle of the crown is 35.7%
angle front the girdle to the cutlet is 40.9

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
This stone is between a 1B and 2A cut grade it looks like. The depth is a little deep and the table a little small--it may carry some extra weight in the pavilion. The HCA gives it a 3.8 G G G VG--buy if price is right. Price seems decent, though I ran it on Pscope and found other 1.68c I SI2 stones for around $6500-7500 and one that was $8000 (depends on cut). Make sure the SI2 is 100% eye clean.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hiya Novice. It's probably reasonable to say that you might expect to wait more than one hour for responses. People like myself usually check in on the site in the early mornings and late evenings for fun, and then work the rest of the day for a living.

That said, how's life? Stessed out a bit about buying a diamond, eh? I understand completely. A lot tougher than buying a car, for example.

The diamond your looking at indeed seems to be an AGA 1B cut, which I would translate as a technically "very good to excellent" cut. Visually however, I would say it probably falls in the "good to very good" range. Some leakage under the table would keep it out of the excellent range, in my opinion.

The POSSIBLE profile of this stone listed by the DiamCalc software is as follows, along with a POSSIBLE simulated IdealScope image:

Light Return Mono…….....Very Good 0.97
Light Return Stereo……….Very Good 0.98
(Non) Leakage Mono……...Good to Very Good 0.86
(Non) Leakage Stereo…….Good 0.81
Contrast………….......…....Very Good 0.95
(Non) Fisheye Effect……..Very Good 1.00

-----------
IdealScope- In general, the darker pink areas indicate areas of greater light return, with the lighter pink areas indicating areas of lesser light return. The black areas indicate areas of greater contrast, with the gray areas indicating areas of lesser contrast. The white areas indicate areas of light leakage. A good explanation of the IdealScope image along with examples can be found at https://www.pricescope.com/idealscope_indx.asp

Disclaimer- The facet arrangement and symmetry of the image will probably vary from your actual diamond, which may affect the light performance indicated. The image shown has perfect symmetry, which is rare, and the star facet/lower girdle facet lengths may vary from your diamond. The computer simulation is reproduced best when the actual diamond is being viewed and the image "tweaked" to the appearance of the diamond, or when the Sarin data is downloaded directly into the program. However, this "blind" reproduction should be helpful in indicating the major light performance aspects.
-----------

1.68 RBC- Novice.jpg

Novice Fire

Rough_Rock
To rich sherwood and others!

Thanks for your thoughts. I really appreciate them. It is a very touch purchase. My first of course!! I never knew a diamond could be so complicated! Im learning though. Rich thanks again, Im sure Ill be posting more soon.

take care.

and yes, There 's no need for people to try to sell me anything. Im just trying to reach out and get an independent opinion of my diamond adventures.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results