shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for Rhino

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhino: You said in a previous reply to me 'A feather by the girdle is not as big a deal as some would make it out to be. It is a very hard thing to chip or break a diamond.'

Who makes it out to be a big deal is this the public or the jewelers and gem dealers? Just trying to get perspectives from all around.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 12/2/2002 6:31:25 AM

Rhino: You said in a previous reply to me 'A feather by the girdle is not as big a deal as some would make it out to be. It is a very hard thing to chip or break a diamond.'

Who makes it out to be a big deal is this the public or the jewelers and gem dealers? Just trying to get perspectives from all around.
----------------

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi pyramid,

Forgive the delayed response.

In short ... you can find advice like that coming from both consumers and "experts".

There are some people, who when purchasing a diamond are advised or fear getting a diamond with a feather by, on, or close to the girdle. While this can be of concern sometimes, most of the time it isn't except perhaps in the Si2 or I1, I2 or I3 classifications. There are certain "experts" who would say avoid diamonds with feathers by the girdle when in fact a person can be turning away a rather rare stone, very hard to find diamond which can in fact be a VV2 with minor bearding on the girdle which in no way affects the durability, hardness, etc. of the diamond.

I can't stand to see people make decisions based on misleading information when they could in fact be passing up one of the most beautiful diamonds in the world because of that misinformation.

Hope that helps.

Peace,
Rhino

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results