shape
carat
color
clarity

question for people who has e-ring that are 2mm or less wide

ssgg

Rough_Rock
Hi,
question for people who has platinum e-ring that are 2mm or less wide. Have you guys had any trouble or problems with your e-ring?

Thanks

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
Re: question for people who has e-ring that are 2mm or less

Mine is 2mm and I have worn it daily for 5 years with zero problems. It's hand forged, not cast.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My OEC ER is set in an antique platinum setting so very old and still going strong. The band is about 2mm wide and it is still in perfect condition.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've worn mine for 16 years with no problem. Are you talking all metal with no pave? I don't think it should be a problem.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

I only wear my halo on occasion and it is fine. Platinum, no pave on the shank. I would not wear it though working with tools. There have been threads about rings going out of round if people really clutch the steering wheel and such,

I have a thin pave eternity that I am very careful with. If I didn't baby it, I am sure it would go out of round or otherwise become damaged.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

I've had pretty good luck with mine. However, I don't wear my jewelry for certain activities and am careful with it. :wavey:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

The depth of the shank also matters. I have a thicker solid gold wedding for everyday wear.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

20 years, 24/7 - yellow gold - going strong.....

Only once I picked up a bucket of balls at a driving range and it cracked the shank at the bottom. I took it to the jeweler and it was fixed and undetectable.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mine is about 2mm (platinum) with no issues. It is not recommended by respected ring makers do a pave shank less than 1.8mm. 2mm is really thin, anyway.

singer

Brilliant_Rock

My e-ring is 1.8mm, 14k WG. No problems at all!

ssgg

Rough_Rock

thanks for the feedback. I am asking because I most likely need to redo my fiancé ering. She found the tiffany style 2.7mm (top) tapering to 2mm(bottom) knife edge to be too wide (ring size 3.5) . Thinking of redoing it to a 2mm knife edge.

So basically 2mm metal (non pave) should be pretty safe.

And anything less than 2mm the ring needs to be thicker or you have to be more careful.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Mine is, and I have had no issues so far, but I have no diamonds in the shank. My prior ring was just over 2mm, and a car accident killed it though. The force plus me gripping the wheel trying to stop the car bent it to death.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium

No problems with mine, which is marginally over 1mm and was my mother's ering before it was mine. Twice. Of course, no pavé. Shown below laying under one side of a Stuller Solstice knife edge (appx 2.75mm shoulder width for reference.)

_906.png

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just under 2mm, probably at 1.8mm with beadset pave. No problems. Wear all day except when working out and doing dishes. Hand forged, not cast.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I had a 2 mm pave setting (cast, BGD) that held up well for the four years I've had it. And I'm pretty rough on my ring. I've got a 2 mm plain shank solitaire now that is doing well.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock

My engagement ring was around 1.8 to 2 mm on top, tapered a bit thinner under the finger. 14k gold, which i believe is not as durable as platinum(??).

I wore it almost every day for 40 years.

The part under the finger was worn quite thin, but it was fine and still very wearable. I had the diamond from the engagement ring reset into my original wedding wedding ring, also 2mm wide, no pavé. So, as you see, my wedding ring was still fine, too, after all this time.This was a little project for our 40th anniversary. My husband also had his wedding ring redone at this time.

My mother is still wearing her engagement ring, around the same width as mine, after 65 years of marriage. She never takes it off.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results