Question for Pave Owners

Would you choose Pave again?

• NO

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Maybe... I''m not really sure.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
I am planning to order a Pave setting soon, and I've been doing searches here on PS to learn more about Pave care and cleaning. There are some horror stories, but it seems that most people are very happy with their pave despite the inherent challanges.

Current pave owners, if you could do it all again, would you stick to pave or would you choose something else?

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I would do it again, BUT, I would do it in platinum and I would make sure there were drilled seats for the melee. I would wait until I''m done raising my kids, though. I do a lot of dishes and clean a lot, and I don''t want to take my ring off all the time.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the look of pave and I would definitely buy it again. I haven''t had any major problems, but I realize that at some point I will probably loose a sidestone. However, this is just one of the things you have to accept with pave settings, they are not maintenance free.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I think you can have issues with any type of jewelry given the right set of circumstances. I love my pave and would not hesitate to choose it again. I have not had any problems in nearly two years of wearing my ring on a daily basis and using the ultrasonic cleaner weekly. I have also previously worn pave earrings and a pendant and never lost a stone.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Lol Jake, I''m not as good at polls as you are. I made a selection for "no" but I clicked on "finish", instead of adding a new response. I guess the "no"''s will just have to post.

Someday I''ll get the hang of this posting thing...
40.gif

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
bump

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I am not a pave owner but I''d like to see the results without voting...but it won''t let me!

RZ

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
To be honest I voted NO. My asscher RHR has been a PITA, and now only wear it on special occassions.
39.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I would not do a 3-sided pave again. However, I would love pave on just the top.
My 18kt white gold ring w/ pave on top has not had any problems whatsoever, but the platinum 3 sided pave is pretty messed up. Different jewelers, so that might be the cause... but i''m thru with 3 sided pave!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2007 4:35:48 PM
Author: Kaleigh
To be honest I voted NO. My asscher RHR has been a PITA, and now only wear it on special occassions.
39.gif
kaleigh - why? what''s wrong with the ring?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you want to use an ultra sonic cleaner regularly? If so I would stay away from pave. Also I would only buy pave from a local B&M that replaced missing melee for free. Otherwise you could be paying a fortune in shipping costs.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve had my pave ering for over a year now...and I''ve ultrasonic-ed it more than I should.

I lost my first stone about a month ago - while it was in the ultrasonic. It was replaced for free and my jeweler told me I should be able to ultrasonic it every now and again without any problem.

I LOVE the loook of pave and I absolutely love my ring. I understand that it is a bit higher maintenance than other styles, but I don''t regret my choice for a minute!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t own a pave ring yet but have a Ritani on the top of my possible setting list. From what I''ve learned no matter who makes the ring there is the potential for a stone to pop out, however some makers seem to produce higher quality peices that have little trouble, Ritani being one of them IMO. Just like anything not all pave rings are created equal so educate yourself on the method used to make the ring. I also think one should strongly consider lifestyle when chosing pave. I''m not hard on my rings at all but if I was, or was planning on wearing them 24/7 while doing everything, then I probably wouldn''t choose a pave ring.

Londonchris

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/4/2007 11:50:28 PM
Author: mrssalvo
From what I''ve learned no matter who makes the ring there is the potential for a stone to pop out, however some makers seem to produce higher quality peices that have little trouble, Just like anything not all pave rings are created equal
That just about sums it up.You get what you pay for(hopefully),although you have to treat rings with a certain amount of care.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results