shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for moms with older kids...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
lyra, that is really beautiful. You should be very proud. I imagine respecting your child is a pretty awesome feeling and a result from your awesome parenting.

MrsS, oh no! Haha. Good for you for standing your ground. Tessa actually *is* getting slightly more generous with her kisses when we ask now. She will usually ALWAYS give DH a kiss b/c she loves him more. But half the time with me she will push my mouth away and violently shake her head while repeating "No, no, no!"
20.gif

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! My daughter is 19 now and she''s just like she was then. She''s so independent, she loves is adventerous & loves explore, she loves her friends and has many. She''s caring and kind and she''s still a huge sleepyhead!!! She was all those things at 2 & 3 and still is. There was lots of stuff in between but the base personality and character is very much the same.

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
Hmmmm...

My daughter is 14. My son is 12.

In utero:
Daughter was very antsy. She still loves to move around.
My son just rolled a bit. He''s still my more sedate one.

Toddler stage:
My daughter is more shy now.
My son is less shy.

Kindergarten:
Yep - they are about the same now as they were then.

I think my point is that by 6 or so, that is when you really see their true selves emerge. Then again... maybe their true selves emerged in utero!
1.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I am not sure if you want just personal experience or not, but I will add in what I know.

There are studies on this, which I will not get into, but evidence shows that the personality does develop very early and has pretty much developed by age 3 (although there is some room for change down the line). My father dedicated his last years of his career to getting funding for low income children for early childcare in a stimulating environment in hope to have a positive impact on their development. It was an issue that he was passionate about and that he has stressed to me.

I have watched several children grow up, and while things do change, I am surprised how some of the fundamental characteristics they had as a toddler stay with them into their later childhood years. Even though I know what I know, seeing a child grow up with characteristics they when they were little always amazes me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results