shape
carat
color
clarity

QUESTION FOR LEONID

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sturkiej

Rough_Rock
I JUST LOOKED AT A 1 CT ROUND AT A LOCAL STORE THE LADY SAID IT WAS AN E COLOR AND I1 CLARITY, SHE SAID IT WAS A GREAT DEAL, I WAS LIKE YEAH RIGHT. BUT ANYWAY SHE PULLED IT OUT AND TO MY ASTONISHMENT IT WAS VERY PRETTY AND IT WAS ACTUALLY CLEAN TO THE EYE. BUT I1 IS LIKE AS BAD AS IT GETS RIGHT?? I GOT HER TO PULL OUT THE GRADING REPORT AND IT IS IGI, WHICH NO ONE SEEMS TO LIKE, COULD IT POSSIBLY (THIS MAY SOUND CRAZY) GRADE BETTER WITH SOMEONE ELSE?? GIA??

THANKS,
JASON:confused:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Jason, I'm flattered you ask my opinion but I'm not the main expert here :)

If it has large white inclusion it might not be visible easily. Can you see the it under 10x magnification?

Is it cloudy or not transparent? Could it be laser drilled to improve its appearance?

There are many questions like these.

On the other hand, if it looks good and inexpensive, maybe it is not too bad at all...

sturkiej

Rough_Rock
Leonid,
I figured you could toss around some questions that would get me thinking, which you did and I appreciate. According to the report, that I guess a buyer should trust, it says it is a natural diamond with no inhancements. In one area it has a cloudy spot that is not really noticeable except with the loop it was very clean to the eye. Besides it being graded an I1 it is E color and was graded as good symmetry and polish. It really was very pretty but according to what I have learned here didn't really look like what I thought It would. It is only 2700 dollars in with a setting. This is almost the same situation I came across with a .75 pear shape that I kinda shyed away from because it was graded an SI2. But anyway this just doesn't seem to be getting any easier.

Thanks,
Jason :errrr:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Sturkiej, I'm sorry but I cannot tell you much about this diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results