shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for Ellen

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Matthew44

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone, i''m new to boards and would first like to say thank you to everyone for their great knowledge and advice. Even just going through and looking at everyone elses topics has been a huge help for me.

Now for a question. Ellen I may not be searching correctly but for the life of me I can''t find a post with the specs on your diamond ring. It is exactly what I am looking for, for my gf and I am wondering if the diamond sizes I am able to afford will look good in that setting. Thanks in advance!

Matt

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 2:08:32 PM
Author:Matthew44
Hello everyone, i''m new to boards and would first like to say thank you to everyone for their great knowledge and advice. Even just going through and looking at everyone elses topics has been a huge help for me.

Now for a question. Ellen I may not be searching correctly but for the life of me I can''t find a post with the specs on your diamond ring. It is exactly what I am looking for, for my gf and I am wondering if the diamond sizes I am able to afford will look good in that setting. Thanks in advance!

Matt
Hi Matt, welcome to PS!

My stone is a 1.40. What size were you considering?

Matthew44

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the welcome and the quick response.

The stone I am looking at is 1 Carat. I''m glad I asked b/c I fear this may be a bit small for that style setting. Thoughts?

She wears a size 5 1/2 ring and we are not overly concerned with the size of the diamond, but I don''t want it to be swallowed up either.

BTW your ring is gorgeous!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 2:23:54 PM
Author: Matthew44
Thanks for the welcome and the quick response.

The stone I am looking at is 1 Carat. I'm glad I asked b/c I fear this may be a bit small for that style setting. Thoughts?

She wears a size 5 1/2 ring and we are not overly concerned with the size of the diamond, but I don't want it to be swallowed up either.

BTW your ring is gorgeous!!!
You're welcome!

While you could put a one carat in there (nothing wrong with that size!), I agree, it will de-emphasize the size a bit, as the band is 4mm where it meets the stone. And, they tend to "shrink" before your very eyes after earing them a bit anway.
2.gif

Here's a couple styles you might consider. I love both of these, and they wouldn't swallow up the stone, but instead set it off nicely. But there's tons of styles out there!

Vatche Royal Crown

Legato Sleek Line

And thank you so much for the compliment!

Matthew44

Rough_Rock
Yeah that''s what I was thinking. Yep there are plenty of options I just love the lucida looking setting. Ah well I will continue searching! THanks again!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a thought. It doesn't happen often, so today may be your lucky day!
2.gif

I remembered someone had a custom setting done of the X-Prong. They too wanted a thinner shank for a smaller stone. I think WF did a great job, and I wouldn't think it would run much more (maybe less even), though I can't swear. WG will be cheaper than Plat of course. Anywho, just thought I'd throw this out as a last resort. It wouldn't hurt to at least call and ask!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wf-custom-x-prong-pics.72321/

And you're very welcome.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hey there,
I have a 1.1 carat diamond in the same setting as Ellen's, and I wear ring size 5.75. Scroll down to the middle of the first page of this thread; I posted some pics.

my old thread

You can also search my old threads to see more pics (a couple years ago) but I never did take any great pictures.

I don't think the setting overwhelms a stone of this size. It's not chunky but not delicate either. I notice that Blue Nile now has a petite trellis setting that is narrower and is probably a nice option if you prefer a thinner band.

If you like a plain band with the setting, mine is the 3 mm comfort fit domed band from e-weddingbands.com. I love it! I also have the curved band from Vatche that matches exactly, but I did not like how I had to constantly keep aligning them. It works fine for me to have a low-ish profile straight band and there is no noticeable gap between them.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Gail!
35.gif

Thanks for the BN info! But just a heads up for Matt, they won''t sell a setting without purchasing a stone also.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results