shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for Catmom - bridge vs. sizing beads

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
HI Catmom,

I noticed that you have sizing beads inside one of your rings, and a "bridge" in another. Which do you like better? How different is your knuckle size from where the ring sits? Do either of these things help with spin? Are either hard to get over the knuckle?

Incidentally, if anyone has one of those horseshoe sizers, feedback on them would be helpful.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi OFG! I have terrible huge knuckle syndrome. My finger size is 4.5 but I need a 5 to get over my knuckle. I have the same problem with my RH rings. I used to have sizing beads in my rings but I hated them. Not so much when wearing the rings but when trying to get them on and off. I would get gashes in the sides of my fingers. I have switched totally to bridges and have no problems anymore. Both the bridges and the sizing beads help with spin at least on my rings. I have never used a horseshoe sizer but have heard good things about them.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2008 7:15:00 PM
Author: Catmom
Hi OFG! I have terrible huge knuckle syndrome. My finger size is 4.5 but I need a 5 to get over my knuckle. I have the same problem with my RH rings. I used to have sizing beads in my rings but I hated them. Not so much when wearing the rings but when trying to get them on and off. I would get gashes in the sides of my fingers. I have switched totally to bridges and have no problems anymore. Both the bridges and the sizing beads help with spin at least on my rings. I have never used a horseshoe sizer but have heard good things about them.
My RH knuckle is size 6.5 (or 6.25?), while my finger size is 5. (I can even fit a 4.5 fingermate sizer on it.) So I don''t know if the bridge thing would add enough size to keep from spinning? So the bridge doesn''t hurt your knuckle when you put the ring on?

Thanks for the info!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, the bridge does not hurt at all. My RH is size 5 and I need a size 6 to go over the knuckle. I also have some size 6.5 rings that have the bridge added and it seems to work ok. My tsavorite ring is actually a size 6.5. All my jeweler did was add a larger bridge. I don''t have a problem with it spinning.

cmsbridge03.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2008 8:06:04 PM
Author: Catmom
No, the bridge does not hurt at all. My RH is size 5 and I need a size 6 to go over the knuckle. I also have some size 6.5 rings that have the bridge added and it seems to work ok. My tsavorite ring is actually a size 6.5. All my jeweler did was add a larger bridge. I don't have a problem with it spinning.
Thanks! That is good to know!

(The bridge is a stationary thing like the beads, right?)

ETA: BTW, I think I've told you before, but your ring is gorgeous.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, OFG!! Yes, the bridge is soldered on like sizing beads.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results