shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for Boom - rose gold band with platinum solitaire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
I have a question about your Leon rose gold band with light pink diamonds and diamond solitaire. I saw a post with pics with them together and that is my DREAM set except with a cushion in the Leon solitaire. I know Leon does not want you to wear anything with the solitaire and also that platinum supposedly eats away at rose gold. My question is do you notice any scratching of either ring with them next to eachother? I really want to make the set work. I might get the leon pink gold band with milgrain so the band will be the only thing exposed to the platinum and not the pave.

Here is a pic of Boom''s set. I know she posts her more often so I hope she sees this.

Boomrosegold.jpg

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
This is the band I am thinking of getting but maybe thinner ~1.5mm but I really like Boom''s too.

leon rose gold.jpg

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Hi nkarma,

There are minute scratches on both rings, but they seem to be more due to normal wear and tear. I am not too concerned with the rings scratching each other as they don''t actually sit totally flush against the other. The only place that they constantly touch is near the base of the prongs. As the stone is set very low in my solitaire, the prongs do touch the small diamonds on the band and over time (it hasn''t happened to my set yet), I think the prongs could weaken.

How low do you intend to have your diamond set? I think the milgrain band will sit a tad higher than mine, which is slightly domed. If the milgrainned edge touches the prongs on the solitaire and the diamond is set low, there may be an issue with the 2 metals constantly rubbing against each other.

Hope this helps some. Good luck with finding your perfect set!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results