shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for all Vatche X-prong owners....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

maddie80

Shiny_Rock
I am the proud new owner of a new vatche comfort fit xprong ring! However, after wearing it a few days, I have started to notice that it seems that one side of the setting is very slightly thicker or heavier than the other (almost like it is a little bit wider on one side of the stone when you view the ring head-on). Has anyone else noticed this with this setting? Is this normal, or am I just being too concerned because I''m staring at my new ring ALL THE TIME? :)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That seems odd. Can you post a pic so we can see??

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i know k-mom had problems with her vatche. it very well could be poor workmanship. I''d take it back to where you bought it and see what they say. If it''s really off, it should be fixed or replace. I am very, very picky and little stuff like that drives me nuts so i''d have to have it fixed
1.gif

maddie80

Shiny_Rock
I wish I could post a picture - but my digital camera has been loaned out.
7.gif

I have been going through other pictures of x-prongs trying to figure out if this is just me, or if it is normal. I kind of see the same thing here in Waited2long''s picture (hope this is ok if I post this pic here!) See how the left side of the band (for us facing it) on the setting looks wider/like it''s not tapering as much as the right side?

Please tell me I am just being weird - my fiancee (!) might have a breakdown if I tell him there is an issue with the ring...

Waited2long xprong.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I see it in the pic but pictures can do funny things to rings. if you see it on your ring and it bothers you, get if fixed
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2006 11:17:01 PM
Author: mrssalvo
i know k-mom had problems with her vatche. it very well could be poor workmanship. I''d take it back to where you bought it and see what they say. If it''s really off, it should be fixed or replace. I am very, very picky and little stuff like that drives me nuts so i''d have to have it fixed
1.gif
I have to agree, stuff like that drive me nuts too. If it bugs you now.... Go get it fixed.
2.gif

maddie80

Shiny_Rock
What do you ladies think we''d have to do to fix it? My fiancee did not have the most wonderful time working with the vendor he got the ring from - would we have to go back through them? Through Vatche?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Most likely it will be better for you to go through the vendor. Trying to get through to vatche yourself may be hard and time consuming. I would see if you can work with the vendor but perhaps someone else within the vendors company if there was a clash, so to speak. Just be honest and upfront and say this ring isn''t right and we want it fixed. Stand up for yourself. Really.
2.gif

maddie80

Shiny_Rock
Do you think they would replace the setting or try to "shave" down the thick side, to match the other? Either thought makes me a little nervous. Is it a big enough difference to be concerned about?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Without pics I can't help you as I would if I had pics. You know what's bugging you and would tell them your concerns and go from there. If it were me and the setting was faulty or poorly made I would want a new one. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Be careful, these things (like in the picture you posted) can often be optical illusions.
Get another set of eyes, preferably trained ones, to confirm what you are seeing.

If you post pics we''ll help too.

Scintillating...

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2006 11:04:42 PM
Author:madeleine
I am the proud new owner of a new vatche comfort fit xprong ring! However, after wearing it a few days, I have started to notice that it seems that one side of the setting is very slightly thicker or heavier than the other (almost like it is a little bit wider on one side of the stone when you view the ring head-on). Has anyone else noticed this with this setting? Is this normal, or am I just being too concerned because I''m staring at my new ring ALL THE TIME? :)
I went to pick up my new Royal X prong a couple of days ago, and the basket between the prongs was crooked. Like you, it would drive me crazy if the ring isn''t symetrical. The longer I looked at the ring, I noticed that the shanks were subtley not equally positioned either. My concern also is how do they fix this? I left the ring at the jeweler because I noticed it right off. The salesman said it can be adjusted. I''m hoping for a easy resolution for both of us! Other than that, I love the setting - it''s beautiful.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2006 12:12:25 AM
Author: kaleigh
Without pics I can''t help you as I would if I had pics. You know what''s bugging you and would tell them your concerns and go from there. If it were me and the setting was faulty or poorly made I would want a new one. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

yep, take it to the vendor and show them what you see and see what they say. I would guess they would have to send it back for Vatche to fix if there is any kind of warrenty. I would prefer a new setting and not having someone shave it etc. Good luck and keep us posted.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tulip, please keep us posted on your ring too..

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2006 8:49:30 AM
Author: mrssalvo
tulip, please keep us posted on your ring too..
Thanks for your input - I guess I just feel a little weird that something that was so obvious could pass by the professionals I''m dealing with at such a fine store.
8.gif

maddie80

Shiny_Rock
Tulip- that''s exactly how I feel. I am a little frustrated. I will post pics as soon as I can....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results