shape
carat
color
clarity

question by a newbie on eternity rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintchocochip

Rough_Rock
Hi, long time lurker! Love ps!

I think I found the eternity ring of my dreams, but it doesn''t have those little drainage holes on the inside of the ring. Is this a huge problem? I can see how it might be bad for channel set rings, but this one is four prongs per diamond and there seemed to be very little space for gunk to get stuck anywhere. Can dirt/gunk get stuck under the diamond? What would you advise this newbie? Thanks!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your first post! As you know those little drainage holes make it easier to clean the ring. I don''t have an eternity ring like you are describing, but I did have a pendant made recently that has a center stone with smaller diamonds that are bead set around it with a closed back. When I questioned my jeweler he assured me that a good ultrasonic or steam cleaning would get out any gunk that might get trapped and so far I haven''t had any trouble keeping it looking sparkly and clean.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results