shape
carat
color
clarity

Question and Answer thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if this has already been done but since I couldn't find one I thought I could start one now. However if this has already been done I apologize and if so just ignore this thread.

The way it works is you ask a question and another PSer answers and asks a question of their own which another PSer answers and then asks their own question and so on. It's a great way to find out more about one another.

So I'll start with this question:

What is your biggest fear in life and how do you manage it?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That I get ill or something else. Only because my youngest is 8. He needs me.
I do not know how to get rid of it. I pray. I try not to do bad things or attract bad thoughts. Sometimes I touch maw-maw blessed by a Buddhist monk. What else can one do?

My question: what in you life you regret most?

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I have two big fears.

I have a fear of death (not of myself dying but loved ones) and I am afraid of the dark.

My senior year of college I had to do a project that I had to do something altruistic for someone. I chose to go volunteer on a geriatrics unit at a hospital in hopes of helping my fear and while it was good for me short-term I ended up reverting back. Being a nursing student definitely helps.

As for my fear of the dark....it's weird. I'm not afraid of the dark in my bedroom but I am afraid when I'm in other places. I don't really have a way of dealing with it besides running from my car to my door when its dark out...and being paranoid....a lot.

Biggest regret? Being too heartbroken over something that happened to me in 12th grade and allowing it to ruin me for a good 4 years.

I may have done this wrong....anyways,

What is your best quality?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1314558152|3003706 said:
What is your best quality?

Honesty.

What are you most ashamed of?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1314558278|3003708 said:
What are you most ashamed of?

The way I broke up with a boyfriend I had been dating a very long time (for me at the time) and my first serious relationship.
I sometimes think back to that and hope he is doing well and I still feel badly to this day how I broke up with him. He was a great guy and deserved better.

What was the first impression you had of your SO?

charbie

Ideal_Rock
missy|1314573759|3003930 said:
What was the first impression you had of your SO?
Liberal, hippy, outdoorsy. He had long hair, we met at a bar. I was pretty drunk. I was going through a phase of mountain men. He is about as far from a mountain man as possible.
All WRONG assumptions.

What are you most proud of?

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
charbie|1314574264|3003937 said:

The fact that I graduated college, with honors, even though I got so sick in the middle of it that my dean wanted me to withdraw from school.

What makes you decide to tell someone a secret?

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Novel|1314574390|3003940 said:

The fact that I graduated college, with honors, even though I got so sick in the middle of it that my dean wanted me to withdraw from school.

When I really have to get something off of my chest and the listener is a good secret keeper. But the first is probably more important.

Would you ever use the restroom in front of your SO?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lanie|1314578266|3004009 said:

When I really have to get something off of my chest and the listener is a good secret keeper. But the first is probably more important.

haha, #1 yes- #2 no.

Question: Have you ever cheated on a SO (not necessarily your FI/Hubby)?

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Amys Bling|1314579300|3004033 said:
Lanie|1314578266|3004009 said:

haha, #1 yes- #2 no.

Question: Have you ever cheated on a SO (not necessarily your FI/Hubby)?

No, but I helped someone cheat way, way back in my teen years. I still feel awful about it.

Question: Do you have any major regrets? If so, what's the greatest?

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
PilsnPinkysMom|1314579660|3004039 said:
No, but I helped someone cheat way, way back in my teen years. I still feel awful about it.

Only one, really: I wish I had stood up to my mother's "summers are for making money, not spending it" mantra when I was in college and studied abroad, just once.

Question: There is an elephant in your bathtub. How did it get there?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1314580983|3004062 said:

Only one, really: I wish I had stood up to my mother's "summers are for making money, not spending it" mantra when I was in college and studied abroad, just once.

It was one of my elephant stuffed animals and I'm handwashing it.

What is your favorite time of day?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1314581146|3004066 said:
vc10um|1314580983|3004062 said:

It was one of my elephant stuffed animals and I'm handwashing it.

What is your favorite time of day?

when we first wake up the morning and our puppy cuddles with us in bed :)

Question: If you could change 1 thing about your wedding- what would it be??

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Amys Bling|1314581371|3004067 said:
The MOH "toast". It was a roast of the groom without any redeeming sweetness or joy or best wishes for our future together and I still haven't gotten over how how hurt I was and it really spoiled the day. I think it may have irredeemably harmed our friendship.

When was the last time you cried?

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
sillyberry|1314582009|3004076 said:

Friday morning, when I realized my place of work would probably flood and I was too injured to be there helping them get the place ready. (and only minor flooding, so it turned out ok!)

If you could change one thing about your SO's appearance, would you do it?

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, but because it is health related. SO is overweight and I wish he would make a conscious effort to change that. More for his health than appearance. He was a big guy when I fell in love with him.

If you had to be stuck in an elevator with 2 people you know from your real life, who would they be and why?

ETA: sorry, meant to quote Novel's post

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
sillyberry|1314582009|3004076 said:
Amys Bling|1314581371|3004067 said:
The MOH "toast". It was a roast of the groom without any redeeming sweetness or joy or best wishes for our future together and I still haven't gotten over how how hurt I was and it really spoiled the day. I think it may have irredeemably harmed our friendship.

:(sad :nono:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
ChloeTheGreat|1314582471|3004086 said:
Yes, but because it is health related. SO is overweight and I wish he would make a conscious effort to change that. More for his health than appearance. He was a big guy when I fell in love with him.

If you had to be stuck in an elevator with 2 people you know from your real life, who would they be and why?

ETA: sorry, meant to quote Novel's post

my hubby- he is calming, never panics, and a great problem solver. Also- I would choose my best childhood friend- we never run out of things to talk about, never get on each others nerves, and I couldnt have anyone else stuck with me....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My dh because he always calms me (well almost always) and he's really smart so might figure out an escape plan and my sister because she's really smart too so b/w the 2 of them we will for sure get out!

If you were granted 1 wish what would it be (and it cannot be a wish for more wishes :rodent: )

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
missy|1314582813|3004095 said:

My dh because he always calms me (well almost always) and he's really smart so might figure out an escape plan and my sister because she's really smart too so b/w the 2 of them we will for sure get out!

If you were granted 1 wish what would it be (and it cannot be a wish for more wishes :rodent: )

I wish my parents never had to worry about money.

Question: Are you envious of a family member/friend & why?

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1314583076|3004098 said:

No.

What is your favorite song currently?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1314583541|3004104 said:

No.

Ben harper- forever... It was our first dance song (John legend song I heard last night as our cousins first dance song was great too but I need to google the name).

Question: do you regret putting someone in/or leaving someone out of your wedding party???

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1314583874|3004110 said:
Autumnovember|1314583541|3004104 said:

No.

Ben harper- forever... It was our first dance song (John legend song I heard last night as our cousins first dance song was great too but I need to google the name).

Question: do you regret putting someone in/or leaving someone out of your wedding party???

I regret having my brother in my wedding. I did it because he's family and I had the belief that it was the "right" thing to do and I didn't want to upset my parents. Well, he showed up just in time, and was just really in and out the whole time. Missed the vows.
I wish I hadn't had the realization I had that day that no one will ever be more important to him than himself.

What is one aspect of the way your parents raised you that you intentionally don't follow now?

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
What is one aspect of the way your parents raised you that you intentionally don't follow now?

They raised me Catholic, and since I was a child I never liked religion very much. Hence, I have beliefs, however I am not part of any religion.

What do you thank your parents the most for at this point in your life?

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Verdy|1314594050|3004245 said:

They raised me Catholic, and since I was a child I never liked religion very much. Hence, I have beliefs, however I am not part of any religion.

For teaching me to be strong willed. I thank them for teaching me to love people and forgive those who have wronged me and most importantly they have taught me what it is to be determined and for that I am ever so thankful.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1314594588|3004253 said:

For teaching me to be strong willed. I thank them for teaching me to love people and forgive those who have wronged me and most importantly they have taught me what it is to be determined and for that I am ever so thankful.

If I could change one thing about myself, it would be to develop higher tolerance/patience for others. I sometimes get very irate over inconsequential things that I can't change about people and that is something I'd like to change.

What made you decide to marry your spouse/significant other?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

As weird as it is, I thank my parents for being too busy to get overly involved in my life. I'm extremely independent and have always been self-sufficient. At the time, I just wanted attention from them, but now I'm really thankful.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1314595440|3004266 said:
Autumnovember|1314594588|3004253 said:

If I could change one thing about myself, it would be to develop higher tolerance/patience for others. I sometimes get very irate over inconsequential things that I can't change about people and that is something I'd like to change.

What made you decide to marry your spouse/significant other?

We love each other unconditionally. We complement each other perfectly- have fun together- laugh together- and when times are tough we are each others strength. I truly can't imagine my life without him- he is my bestfriend and love of my life.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
centralsquare|1314595940|3004272 said:

As weird as it is, I thank my parents for being too busy to get overly involved in my life. I'm extremely independent and have always been self-sufficient. At the time, I just wanted attention from them, but now I'm really thankful.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

I say I would love to live in Europe (Italy, Netherlands) or a tropical island like Bermuda or grand cayman but my friends and family mean the world to me and I don't know if I could leave them-- especially knowing that financially my parents would have a hard time coming to visit. Hubby and I are NYC people at heart so we would prob stay right where we are, but Boston would work too :)

What is one thing you would change about your relationship with your SO??

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amys Bling|1314613598|3004331 said:
What is one thing you would change about your relationship with your SO??

That's a tough one. I love the way my dh can be laid back (unlike me) and it does calm me at times. However at times it makes me even more reactive I think and that causes me to get frustrated with him because he can be slow to react (at least in my eyes) and that drives me crazy sometimes. For example, our house has damage from Irene and I am full of anxiety and want to start getting things done now but he is more of the mindset we cannot do anything right now as everyone is overwhelmed with the aftereffects and without electricity there is not much we can do etc I feel like he is just being too complacent and not proactive enough and while I know traveling to check it out could cause me lots more stress I also think not knowing can be just as if not more stressful. Of course I might regret it if the house is totally wrecked but I just *need* to know, KWIM?

So to answer the question (as you can see I took the long way to do that :cheeky: ) I would love to change the way I react to my perception of his slowness to react to situations and I know he would love to change the way I react immediately to most situations. He goes the more thoughtful slow way and I go the must take action immediately way and I wish we could more be on the same page with these kind of things. Ultimately this difference causes friction b/w us and that is the main reason I would like it to change but it's not so easy.

What is one thing most people don't know about you?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results