carat
color
clarity

Question and Answer thread

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
somethingshiny|1314671095|3005044 said:
Do you say hello to strangers?

Yes, I think it's important to be polite and say hi if I pass people I don't know in my neighborhood. But if I'm walking through a grocery store I don't say 'hi' to everyone.

What was the most physical pain you've experience?

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Abscessed tooth. I didn't sleep for two days straight because I was in so much pain ;( and nothing was helping until the antibiotics kicked in.

Which smiley to the left is your favorite ? :bigsmile:

edit that - to the right :???:

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Sparkly Blonde|1314678092|3005160 said:
Which smiley to the left is your favorite ? :bigsmile:

edit that - to the right :???:

Favorite? Not sure I have a favorite, but this one is the funniest to me: :errrr: Poor little guy seems so confused!!

The one I like but I don't get to use a lot is: :wavey:

I'm most confused by these: :!: :?: :idea:

I can't see the difference beween: :evil: :twisted: (very evil vs. twisted evil is a nuance I don't find I need in my life)

What was the funniest thing you've seen/heard in your life? :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ChloeTheGreat|1314639450|3004596 said:
Question: If you could spend 1 yr of your life doing whatever you wanted, and not have to worry about making an income, where you'll live, etc, what would you do & why?

I would get heavily involved in animal rescue. It is my dream job, however there's not a big market for paid rescue jobs. I would particularly focus on rehabbing bully breeds and reaching out to the community. My city would be a fine place to do it, as there are an overwhelming amount of animals in need everywhere.

OMG, Chloe- me too!!! This is exactly what I would do! It is my dream one day to be able to do this. I volunteer right now but it just never feels like enough. :(( So many animals suffering and so few resources for them. :blackeye:

(Sorry to interrupt the thread but I was just catching up on questions and answers and this is exactly my wish too).

Back to centralsquare's question
What was the funniest thing you've seen/heard in your life?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
What was the funniest thing you've seen/heard in your life? :lol:

When I was young, my grandmother was taking video of all of us on the beach. My mom was bent over picking up seashells, and my grandmother was videoing my then 3 year old sister running towards my mom, head down, bucket in tow, full speed. My sister did not look up, ran smack into my mom's bum and fell backwards on her own bum. Funniest. Thing. Ever.

If you could have one piece of jewelery already in existence, no questions asked, no rules or catches, what piece of jewelry would it be?

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
The Krupp Diamond

What would you eat for your last meal on earth?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
What would you eat for your last meal on Earth?

Probably crow!

But, If I got to choose, I'd stuff myself on Ceasar salad, filet mignon, a loaded baked potato and cheesecake. And, obviously several bottles of wine.

Have you ever stolen anything? If yes, did you feel guilty, or do you still? If no, did you ever want to?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you ever stolen anything? If yes, did you feel guilty, or do you still? If no, did you ever want to?

Yes! I got caught shoplifting (with friends) when I was a teenager. Sadly I just did it for the thrill, I had cash to cover the purchase in my wallet. Nothing happened to me since I was under 18, but the loss prevention guy verbally berated me, swore at me, and basically scared the crap out of me. I never did it again. After that I worked in retail and could easily have helped myself to things but it just wasn't worth it to me, nor did I have the desire to rip off any company I worked for. I got pretty good at spotting shoplifters, actually, but always left the apprehensions up to the Loss Prevention teams. I sat in on a number of apprehensions and it's very sad but also very rewarding when you catch a pro who has been doing it for years.

Q: if you had to go without makeup, appliances with which to do your hair, no shaving, and no nail polish/perfume/etc. for a week, would you feel uncomfortable going to work or being out in public?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you had to go without makeup, appliances with which to do your hair, no shaving, and no nail polish/perfume/etc. for a week, would you feel uncomfortable going to work or being out in public?

No, I don't think I'd be uncomfortable going to work or being out in public without being made up. I don't normally do my hair, although I do wear makeup when I go out. If I don't have time to do my makeup in the morning I'll often forget that I'm not wearing it until I look in the mirror.

Next question:

Do you ever spend time on PS to avoid doing something you really should be doing? If so, what is it that you're typically avoiding?

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Haven|1314748792|3005840 said:
If you had to go without makeup, appliances with which to do your hair, no shaving, and no nail polish/perfume/etc. for a week, would you feel uncomfortable going to work or being out in public?

No, I don't think I'd be uncomfortable going to work or being out in public without being made up. I don't normally do my hair, although I do wear makeup when I go out. If I don't have time to do my makeup in the morning I'll often forget that I'm not wearing it until I look in the mirror.

Next question:

Do you ever spend time on PS to avoid doing something you really should be doing? If so, what is it that you're typically avoiding?

Yep. Usually it's doing the dishes. Right now it's packing for our trip.

Do you read while on the toilet? (DH and dad swears everybody does this :rolleyes: )

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Do you read on the toilet?

No. I think it's a guy thing. My dad did, sometimes DH reads the Atlantic. Great magazine BTW.

What is your earliest memory?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
lliang_chi|1314762252|3006030 said:
What is your earliest memory?

Going to my grandfather's funeral. I was really little and don't think I went to the grave site for the ceremony, but I remember picking my grandmother up and just sensing that there was something really, really wrong. Years later when I was told when he died, I realized that that must have been that memory.

What's one thing you love more than diamonds?

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my 13 year old daughter who makes me crazy.... but she is the love of my life.. (only child....loving an old child)...

What one thing in the past would you like to have a "do over"... where you think the choice might have had a signficant outcome?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
What one thing in the past would you like to have a "do over"... where you think the choice might have had a significant outcome?

Well, I love my life and wouldn't change a thing. But, I do wonder what my life would be like if I had taken a scholarship to Texas A&M and pursued marine biology. DH, then bf, and I were together and I was afraid he wouldn't follow me. Now that I know he would've followed me to the moon, I wonder what life would've been.

Have you ever truly doubted your sanity?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
somethingshiny|1314798860|3006264 said:
What one thing in the past would you like to have a "do over"... where you think the choice might have had a significant outcome?

Well, I love my life and wouldn't change a thing. But, I do wonder what my life would be like if I had taken a scholarship to Texas A&M and pursued marine biology. DH, then bf, and I were together and I was afraid he wouldn't follow me. Now that I know he would've followed me to the moon, I wonder what life would've been.

Truly doubted it? No. Had moments where I wondered what the eff I was thinking and why I can't just want what most people want? Absolutely. Sometimes I feel kind of crazy for wanting the kind of life I want, and I recognize all the ways it makes things harder for me, but when I try to think about living any other way I start to panic.

If your country disappeared tomorrow and you had to pick up your family and move somewhere, where would you go?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
princesss|1314799702|3006273 said:
somethingshiny|1314798860|3006264 said:

Truly doubted it? No. Had moments where I wondered what the eff I was thinking and why I can't just want what most people want? Absolutely. Sometimes I feel kind of crazy for wanting the kind of life I want, and I recognize all the ways it makes things harder for me, but when I try to think about living any other way I start to panic.

If your country disappeared tomorrow and you had to pick up your family and move somewhere, where would you go?

That's hard. I think in the end Australia or South America.

What's your favorite candy?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1314804703|3006350 said:

Anything chocolate :lickout:

What's your secret obsession?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
centralsquare|1314805248|3006370 said:

Well- I would say diamonds by that's no secret to anyone on PS. so, my answer would have to be workout dvds! LOL> I find that I buy and try the latest fad and do it for a while and then move on. Thing is- I do workout everyday, but I secretly collect fitness dvds to try- and sometimes I never even play them :shock:

For those of you who are already married- knowing now your relationship with your SO how would you fill in the blank...

"I promise to never ___________________"

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1315445905|3012222 said:
centralsquare|1314805248|3006370 said:

Well- I would say diamonds by that's no secret to anyone on PS. so, my answer would have to be workout dvds! LOL> I find that I buy and try the latest fad and do it for a while and then move on. Thing is- I do workout everyday, but I secretly collect fitness dvds to try- and sometimes I never even play them :shock:

For those of you who are already married- knowing now your relationship with your SO how would you fill in the blank...

"I promise to never ___________________"

Come to conclusions before asking for more information.

If you could be invisible, what would you do?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
If I could be invisible, I'd probably go sit in a busy park or mall and just watch people. I find them fascinating. That or I'd sneak into seaworld and watch the dolphins all day.

It's your last day on earth, and you get to pick what you eat for dinner. What is it?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1315490967|3012668 said:
It's your last day on earth, and you get to pick what you eat for dinner. What is it?

Barely toasted thick sliced egg bread (like challah) with a thin layer of intensely rich beef gravy topped with a pile of thin slice med/rare fillet then heaped with roasted garlic mashed potatoes with a perfect little well in the middle to hold white corn, smothered in even more of the intensely rich beef gravy. Chocolate lava cake with ganache drizzle & fresh raspberry sauce and a side of Tahitian vanilla bean gelato for dessert.

All paired with the nicest of wines.

What is your favorite breakfast?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Have you ever been afraid for you life?

Yes. I was deathly afraid of the dark as a child. I literally thought a killer would be hiding in my closet or something. I would hyperventilate from being so scared. On a more plausible note, I was really afraid I was going to die when I went under general anesthesia for the first time. I was praying to God the whole time until I passed out. Another time, I was sure I was going to die and scared to death when I was off on a rampaging horse. You get a pissed off stallion, and good luck. My brother used to choke me until I passed out, let me come to and then do it again. I actually had a death note written in case he killed me.
It's weird, I've always thought I was going to die in some horribly unfortunate way. So far so good!

What is your favorite book or book series?

soocool

Ideal_Rock
What is your favorite book or book series?

Anthem by Ayn Rand

Do you stalk your ex-boyfriend(s) on Facebook?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
soocool|1315506208|3012842 said:
Do you stalk your ex-boyfriend(s) on Facebook?

No.... but they aren't on Facebook (not that I went looking or anything 8) )

If you could visit any time in history, when would it be?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
The 1920s. I'm intrigued by the fashion and the secretive nightlife.

If you could change your first name- what name would you pick?

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Amys Bling|1315526227|3013087 said:
The 1920s. I'm intrigued by the fashion and the secretive nightlife.

If you could change your first name- what name would you pick?

Alix

Have you ever gone to a store (home depot!) JUST to look at your rings under the perfect lighting? :bigsmile:

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Sparkly Blonde|1315526488|3013093 said:
Have you ever gone to a store (home depot!) JUST to look at your rings under the perfect lighting? :bigsmile:

No, but I've smuggled a little pink FCD all over the place (office, warehouse, mall, library...) and snuck glances at it to see what the colour changes to in various lights. Anywhere but the airport is fine apparently.

Have you ever fallen for somebody after you thought you were going to be with your SO for the rest of your life and how did you handle it?

Colltee

Rough_Rock
TristanC|1315536181|3013213 said:
Have you ever fallen for somebody after you thought you were going to be with your SO for the rest of your life and how did you handle it?

Yes, my one and only crush after I got married was for a former boss, I was mad about him, literally from the minute I met him – I didn't want to be and I (very annoyingly but uncontrollably) reverted into a bashful (moronic) 16 year old around him :roll: I hated it but I was really attracted to him. He never knew and it fizzled out after a while, but totally caught me left of centre when it happened. He probably thought I was a weirdo as I literally couldn't be myself around him through nerves – was all most bizarre…

What's your biggest regret?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Biggest regret...

Not looking for a teaching job at an American international school abroad after I graduated. I would have loved to live a broad for a year or two (I student taught for a couple Montcalm the Netherlands :) ). Alas my husband - then boyf of 8 years- had a good job here and I didn't want to be long distance and knew I should move home and save. Oh well...

Do you ever wish you spent less on your wedding???

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results