shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about variation between eternity bands

infantrytroop22

Rough_Rock
I just had three eternity bands made with diamonds all around each band (one rose gold, one white gold, and one yellow gold). The rings look pretty good, but there is a slight variation between the rings that I notice when I look at them closely. All of the rings are the same exact width, but the diamonds in each ring appear to be slightly different sizes than the diamonds in the other two rings (i.e., the diamonds in the rose gold ring are smaller than the diamonds in the other two rings and the diamonds in the yellow gold ring are larger than the diamonds in the other two). One ring contains 30 diamonds, one has 33, and the other has 35, but all are the same karat weight (.68 each), so there is definitely a variation. The jeweler told me that this is normal because they are hand made, blah, blah, blah.

Does this sound normal to anyone? I think I am going to ask them to remake the rings, but wanted to get some insight from here first. Thanks.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
are they the same size??? did you request for them to be the same width or different? I would want all 3 rings to have the same number of diamonds unless I requested different widths...

infantrytroop22

Rough_Rock
slg47|1319562248|3047323 said:
are they the same size??? did you request for them to be the same width or different? I would want all 3 rings to have the same number of diamonds unless I requested different widths...

They are the same size. I requested that they be the exact same width and the rings themselves are all 2mm, but the diamonds appear to be different sizes.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
so do some of the rings have extra metal in between the diamonds?? do you have pictures?

infantrytroop22

Rough_Rock
slg47|1319562969|3047334 said:
so do some of the rings have extra metal in between the diamonds?? do you have pictures?

It looks like the diamonds vary slightly in size between rings and there may also be extra metal, but each ring supposedly has the same karat weight of diamonds. I can take and post some pictures later tonight.

infantrytroop22

Rough_Rock
Just talked to the jeweler and they are going to remake two of the rings to try to match them to the third.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results