shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about Tiffany Lucida

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone,

The Tiffany Lucida seems to show really small. I mean, it''s a 1.4 and I think it''s only 5mm. I don''t have the cert yet, but what do you think about this? Is it because it more deep? Hmmm?

Thank you,

Tracy

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes lucidas are deep and so you have more weight in the pavilion aka not visible than the crown so spread is smaller.

wow it's only 5mm? that seems very small even for a lucida. what size is your finger? it looks large in those pictures you posted.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I agree w/ Mara... in the pics it looks bigger than 5mm. Could that be because of the setting??

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
5mm? Can''t be! Mine''s a 1.03 (a cushion) and it''s 5.9x6.1. Yours looks bigger than mine from the pics...

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
TravelingGAL: I actually saw yours and thought the same thing!! Yours looks much bigger than mine to me. Well, maybe I have it wrong. I am looking forward to receiving the cert. Thank you.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a decently small finger Tracy...4.75. Perhaps that is why?

I doubt yours is 5mm. Perhaps shrinkage is already setting in?
31.gif
Hee hee...

Seriously, it's a lovely ring (the first ring I fell in love with but could not afford it). I didn't post in your other thread because I have been behind in posting, so I thought I'd let you know here. Wear it in good health!

ETA: I see from your other thread you are a size 5, which is very close to my size. Your stone really does look bigger than mine, but if is indeed looking like it's only 5mm, the only thing I can think of is that it's a 1.04 instead of a 1.4...so I hope that is not the case!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tracy,

How do you know the diamond is 1.4cts.? I am looking at a diamond size chart, and while it doesn''t have a Lucida on there, the other similar cuts show 5.5mm for one carat (princess, asscher, and cushion). Do you think your fiance misunderstood and it is really 1.04 like someone else said? Those same cuts at 1.5 cts. are 6.5mm, so your stone should probably measure 6.2-6.3 or so if it is 1.4 cts.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Have you gotten out a measuring tape and checked the mm? That way you can see if it is 5 mm or not.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results