shape
carat
color
clarity

question about the james allen french cut pave band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
so i really wanted something simple for my wedding band and im really leaning towards the james allen french pave band either in the eternity style or the half not so sure which one though...

i was hoping someone would have a real life picture of this band since the one on the website looks a little funny

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I would also like to understand a bit more about "French pavé.

Anyone?

piper12

Rough_Rock
I have this ring in 18K yellow gold with white gold prongs. I think the "french cut" refers to the way the stones are set, with little v''s on the edges, I believe it is the same thing as "fishtail pave". All of the stones are round. I will try to post a picture. The ring is beautiful and the stones are very white.
2.gif

piper12

Rough_Rock
Here you go!

picresized_th_1237557049_DSC00284.jpg

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
maybe this is a dumb question but Idealistic and Piper are the stones set next to each other the way a pave ring is or are they similar to the stock photos...sorry im just trying to get an idea of how it would look with my ering...

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the pictures that helps alot!!
16.gif

piper12

Rough_Rock
One more
21.gif

picresized_th_1237557457_DSC00307.jpg

piper12

Rough_Rock
There is a little space between each stone and very tiny prongs that hold the stones. It almost looks like a shared prong setting but a little more vintage.

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
I also have this set, although when I got it (about a year and a half ago), it wasn''t called "French" pave. It''s the same ring, though. I love it!

cepscush.jpg

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a pic of the set...

space37.jpg

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
one more...

cushspace37.jpg

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
So pretty and dainty! I love the setting.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have pictures ( there are more on Ps of you search) but I have seen this band in person and it is really very lovely. It''s incredibly delicate in a way that the CADs on the website don''t communicate and the diamonds are bright and lively. The amount of metal between the stones that is so obvious in the CADs is less apparent in person and the whole thing is slim and smooth. It''s a lovely choice, I had never seen JA''s melee before and I was very pleasantly surprised.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Wow, very pretty
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Reviving this thread to ask a question: for those of you with this set or the wb only, how well does the pave wear? It is sturdy do you think, compared to say a shared prong type setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results