shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about the durability of tsavorites.

Aedin

Rough_Rock
Trade
I'm looking to get a ring from Stuller, and the ring has space for a few tones. I forgot exactly what the kind of setting is called, I think it's called a channel setting (is it ok if I just post a link to it?) the stones are basically in the same groove, and kindof sitting next to each other. I think that's a channel setting. I'm looking for the ring to be an every day ring, and I would like green stones. If I go with natural stones, I'd like to go with chrome tourmaline or tsavorite garnets, and just in general, I'd prefer tsavorites. So are tsavorites durable enough for every day wear? It seems like they would be from everything I've read about them, but off and on I've heard conflicting opinions so I'm a little confused.

Thanks.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not wear a tsavorite ring as an everyday ring but you have a few things going in your favour, namely, the stones are small and they are somewhat protected between two bands of metal. If you wear the ring with care (no housework, no yardwork and other such activities), the ring will serve you well. Links are definitely allowed here and will be helpful.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Given the sizes you have in mind, I don't think it'll be a problem. Chrome tourmaline would be less durable.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
oh yes please with links!!! As PP already mentioned channel set will be in your favor so you should be fine. The ring sounds gorgeous!

Aedin

Rough_Rock
Trade
http://www.stuller.com/products/r7049/?groupId=51072&series=R7049

It's going to be that ring with some slight modifications. The only ones that really matter for this post, is instead of having five 1.7mm stones on each side, I'm gonna have three stones on each side, around 3mm or so.

And to answer Chrono's point, I would not be doing things like yard work and house work with the ring on. I actually posted what "every day" is like for me, but that was a while ago, so I'll repost it. I work in a computer shop (which sometimes there's a lot of work with your hands, but for us most of the time it's just typing and figuring out virus problems and software issues) and at a grocery store, where I wash windows and stuff, and sometimes lift boxes and package things. None of which seems (to me anyway) really strenuous or damaging to a ring. And then at home I mostly just watch tv, clean a bit, read, play games, stuff like that, nothing too bad, that I know of.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not to worry, looking at the setting, the tsavorites will be well protected. Not only are the metal bands wide, but the stones seem to be set low as well, reducing any risk of damage. It'll be fine as an everyday wear ring (within reason).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results