shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about the different EGL labs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alicat

Rough_Rock
I am buying a stone with an EGL-USA cert, but how can i tell which lab in the US graded it? also, which of the EGL USA labs are the most reputable?

thanks

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 6/12/2003 12:13:12 PM alicat wrote:
I am buying a stone with an EGL-USA cert, but how can i tell which lab in the US graded it? also, which of the EGL USA labs are the most reputable?

thanks----------------
The EGL number indicates it. You can verify any EGL US report on their website.

It's been suggested several times by many others in your other threads.....if you're concerned about the veracity of the color grading, take it to an independent appraiser. I even recommended one to you. It's not that we're not trying to be helpful, but we cannot possibly opine on a diamond we haven't even seen, and you should really get a professional appraiser to do it.

I'll say it again....the US labs of EGL are more stringent than their foreign counterparts, but the US labs can be spotty in accuracy when compared to AGS or GIA.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results