shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about Super Nova Oval

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is fascinating. I''m glad all of this info is getting posted and that we''re hearing from cutters.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gene,
That chart is very helpful in understanding the complexity of a "regular" oval versus a supernova. Thank you.
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 8:15:09 PM
Author: FrekeChild
This is fascinating. I''m glad all of this info is getting posted and that we''re hearing from cutters.

Ditto! Thanks Peter and Gene!

garlicbread

Rough_Rock
So here is the pic I promised. Barry''s supernova set in an estate platinum setting I found at my local jeweler.

maccroprg.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone! What do you think of the supernova cut? And what are the specs on the stone?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful - I actually like your picture of it better than Barry''s. Does it change color?

garlicbread

Rough_Rock
I''m very impressed by it. I really love it in this setting. It changes in different lightng from deep blue to medium blue to a purplish blue. Here are the specs from Barry''s site:

Spinel(J) .91 ct., 6x5.2mm Supernova oval[Gec].
This bright oval from Tunduru, Tanzania has a medium purplish blue color
under incandescent light and is more of a pure blue in natural.
Just barely short of flawless at 10x. BB

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/21/2009 2:42:55 PM
Author: garlicbread
I''m very impressed by it. I really love it in this setting. It changes in different lightng from deep blue to medium blue to a purplish blue. Here are the specs from Barry''s site:

Spinel(J) .91 ct., 6x5.2mm Supernova oval[Gec].
This bright oval from Tunduru, Tanzania has a medium purplish blue color
under incandescent light and is more of a pure blue in natural.
Just barely short of flawless at 10x. BB
I hadn''t realized what you purchased from Barry until I followed your link. At first glance, I thought it was a very nice sapphire.
31.gif
Congratulations on an excellent find and I know you''ll enjoy it for many years to come.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 2:23:49 PM
Author: garlicbread
So here is the pic I promised. Barry''s supernova set in an estate platinum setting I found at my local jeweler.
Beautiful spinel, garlicbread! Thank you so much for coming back with pictures. I agree, your picture shows a most attractive stone.

Enjoy!!!
36.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Love the colour!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
ooh, may I add mine?
Barry-cut supernova oval, heliodore, 1.5cts.

I''m totally impressed with this cut - it has heaps of depth and kind of a "hall of mirrors" effect
when viewed straight through the table - fun!

DSC02870R.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results