shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about shape of diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KB

Rough_Rock
I have another question for you guys. I have a rather unique shaped diamond and the appraisal says the shape is fire rose, but from the little information I can find, it doesn't look like that shape to me. Does anyone have any information about these diamonds. Or, information on the non-traditional shaped diamonds? Thanks, KB

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some photos that may help.

http://www.atlasdiamond.com/shapes/

KB

Rough_Rock
Thanks Lawmax for the link. I guess this is where it gets interesting! I don't think it is a fire-rose. My diamond has 8 sides, but is more oval than the Marigold. I have to figure out how to post the pictures I have so you guys can give me your opinion! Thanks for all your help! This is a wonderful site. KB

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
KB, to post a picture click Reply and before typing a message click Attach File button.

The picture should be less than 50kB and be in GIF or JPG format.

Should you have a problem, let me know.

KB

Rough_Rock
Here goes nothing! This is the first time I have tried to post a picture. I hope this works, and I hope you guys have an idea about the shape of this diamond. Thanks

ringapp4.JPG

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
KB,

. You know, princess and radiant shapes can be square as well as rectangular.

diagrm4a.jpg
[/u]

KB

Rough_Rock
Leonid, Thanks for the reply! I just wasn't sure about the cut because I had never seen a picture of an elongated fire rose before, and I wasn't sure because of the difference in the number of sides. I am taking some pics of the ring itself, and I will post them here, just in case anyone else has never seen the shape before. Thanks again, KB :twirl:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Please post the picture KB.

Firerose is uncommon shape and I'm not sure whether it's ok to have it not round and how it affects the price. How do you like it?

KB

Rough_Rock
I'm sorry it took me so long to respond. I have been trying to take pictures of my ering and can't get a decent one. This is the best I have so far, but it doesn't do my ring justice at all. I will try again, but here is one for the time being. I absolutely love my ring...It is also amazing to me that I haven't seen another quite like it. I love unique jewelry. Hope this pic turns out. Let me know what you think. Thanks, KB :appl:

kb ring pic 2.jpg

KB

Rough_Rock
Sorry about that---I keep reducing the size of the pics, but they still seem to come out huge!!! :-o

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results