shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about ring size for wedding band...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Hi girls !!!!

I need your expertise...
31.gif

My e-ring is 6.75 and is a *little* loose, it spins the majority of the time, however, in the morning and if I have indulged in too much salt, it fits as it should...

We are looking at an eternity band and a thin art deco style band to act as a spacer between the two...

My question is, do you size the WB smaller than the ering ????

I wonder becuase if my wedding and spacer band *spin* a bit too is this going to be a problem ????

*soooo confused*

Both rings are sight unseen, so they would have to be ordered without first trying them on. A 6 1/2 fits...
33.gif

This is the look I am going for...

19.gif
20.gif

Oops.. sorry.. for some reason I cannot post a picture of the "look" I would like..

I know others have posted the same pic... I absolutely LOOOVE Kate Beckinsdale''s rings...
30.gif

I''ll keep trying to post a pic for reference.

Thanks so much for your input...

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
Since the e-ring is worn on the outside, people generally size it the smallest and then size the wedding bands bigger. If your current e-ring is only a little loose, I predict that adding two thin bands will make the whole stack fit perfectly. I would get the other rings in 6.75 as well. Also, people usually aren''t concerned if an eternity band spins, since you still see diamonds no matter how it sits!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I have a similar issue. Do you have "finger fat"? When you look at your ring finger from the side, do you have a little pooch
20.gif
between your knuckle and the bottom of your finger (or are you one of those skinny fingered gals?)? If you have finger fat, the wbands will push your ering up into the fatter part of your finger and your ering should fit better. You might want to go to a B&M and try on rings to see if it works. I''d wait to get the ering sized until you see how the wbands fit with it. my wband is a very thin (probably 2mm) diamond eternity ring and when it''s on, the ering sits in one place, unless it''s really cold and then it spins a bit.

Another option is to get another band to wear in front of your ering, but I know you have a LM and the rubbing is an issue so I"m not sure if that will work for you.

Can you return the wbands if they dont work for you?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d probably get it made the same size. i wouldn''t go smaller.

Awww, you girls are the best !!!! I knew you''d be so helpful !!

I was concerned becasue the ering spins now, that stacking two below it would *push* the ring further up my finger and the thought of it just *popping* off TERRIFIES ME !!!!!

I have other rings that are a 6 1/2 that I have tried with my ering and have also went to B&M''s and find the 6 .75 more comfortable...

My fingers are long and skinny and I don''t have the "finger fat" that Surfgirl spoke of, although your description made me giggle....
41.gif

My hope was the two other bands would anchor the ering as well sized at 6.75... and from what you girls are saying, it should... I feel better about the situation now... thank you so much for your responses...

Not sizing the ering until I see how the wbands fit is an excellent idea..

I''d rather not put a band on either side because of the 3 sized pave shank..

Leon and i spoke about this and let''s just say he did not recommend it !!!!!!

We also spoke about using a thin art deco, Fay Cullen style band 2-2.5 mm wide to use as a "fancy spacer" and this was okay..

I''m insistant on wearing my rings on the same hand.. call me sentimental....
19.gif

It''s better to have metal against diamonds than diamonds against diamonds..

I wish I could post a picture of what I would like... *sigh*

I''ll keep trying !

Thanks again to all who responded...
35.gif

happyday

Shiny_Rock
Hi there,
I went through this same dilemma!
My actual ring size is a 4.5 or 4.75.
But, I had my ering and 2 wedding bands made to size 5.
When I wear all three, nothing spins and they fit beautifully.
If I wear only the ering or only one band, it is a little loose (actually very loose on a cold day).
I''m happy with the size 5 because I usually wear all three rings.
Also, when I''m bloated for whatever reason, they are even a little tight!
I think the wider the bands get, the bigger size does not become an issue.
IMHO, I''d get them all the same size as your ering.

Happy Day,

I''m glad I am not the only one !!!

I felt a little silly intially posting this question...
28.gif

Some days my ring is really loose, others it spins a bit and other days, it is jammed tight on there...

I swear I LOOK at a bag of chips and swell..... it''s ridiculous !!!!!!!!

Because the two bands are eternity, there is NO GOING back as far as sizing is concerned..

Thanks for your response...

I''m glad to hear your rings fit well !!!

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2008 3:19:36 PM
Author: happyday
Hi there,
I went through this same dilemma!
My actual ring size is a 4.5 or 4.75.
But, I had my ering and 2 wedding bands made to size 5.
When I wear all three, nothing spins and they fit beautifully.
If I wear only the ering or only one band, it is a little loose (actually very loose on a cold day).
I''m happy with the size 5 because I usually wear all three rings.
Also, when I''m bloated for whatever reason, they are even a little tight!
I think the wider the bands get, the bigger size does not become an issue.
IMHO, I''d get them all the same size as your ering.
Same here...
My e-ring was huge, spinning everywhere when I wore it alone. Then put a band with it and it now stays put. The e-ring and band are both the same size. Good Luck!!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I love Kate Beckinsdale''s set too and had this saved on my desktop!

paveasscherstacked.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If anything, I''d size the eternity ring 1/4 size larger than the e-ring. As others have said, even the e-ring will fit tighter once you are wearing 2-3 rings. My ring size never changed even after having babies, but I have put on a few extra pounds during the mid-life stage which made my rings tight! Of course, I got a new set to solve the problem! But I seriously doubt you''ll want to have to replace the gorgeous rings you''ll have!

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
I was thinking of posting a question about sizing but figured it would bore everyone (no sparkles!). But now that it''s come up, I have a question regarding sizing, as well. My boyfriend is in the process of getting me an engagement ring and I am a 5.75-6. The jewelers have all said the 6 is a little too big, but I''m worried in the summer the 5.75 will be tight.

So, two questions:

1) How do you all prefer your rings? Slightly loose or slighty snug?

2) If the engagement ring is custom made, can the size be made in between, like just shy of a 6?

Thanks, as always!!

happyday

Shiny_Rock
style="WIDTH: 96.58%; HEIGHT: 91px">Date: 3/10/2008 3:25:32 PM
Author: BrownEyedCountryGirl
Happy Day,

I swear I LOOK at a bag of chips and swell..... it''s ridiculous !!!!!!!!
Too funny!
I am totally the same way!!
Even worse, my bloating also depends on sleep ...
Whenever I get sleepy, my fingers swell!
Very strange.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2008 6:40:01 PM
Author: LoveDeco
I was thinking of posting a question about sizing but figured it would bore everyone (no sparkles!). But now that it''s come up, I have a question regarding sizing, as well. My boyfriend is in the process of getting me an engagement ring and I am a 5.75-6. The jewelers have all said the 6 is a little too big, but I''m worried in the summer the 5.75 will be tight.

So, two questions:

1) How do you all prefer your rings? Slightly loose or slighty snug?
Slightly snug, I like to know they aren''t going to fall off! On our honeymoon DH almost lost his wedding ring in the ocean since it was a tad loose (he has since sized it down).

2) If the engagement ring is custom made, can the size be made in between, like just shy of a 6?
Most places do quarter-sizing so 5.75 or 6 there is a little leeway. I''ve heard of a "tight" 5.75 where it would be closer to a 5.5 but not quite. So maybe a "tight" 6? That is how the jewelry store I went to referred to it. Although, my independent appraiser hadn''t heard that term used before.

Thanks, as always!!
35.gif

happyday

Shiny_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 191px">Date: 3/10/2008 6:53:23 PM
Author: Sparkles22

Date: 3/10/2008 6:40:01 PM
Author: LoveDeco

Most places do quarter-sizing so 5.75 or 6 there is a little leeway. I''ve heard of a ''tight'' 5.75 where it would be closer to a 5.5 but not quite. So maybe a ''tight'' 6? That is how the jewelry store I went to referred to it. Although, my independent appraiser hadn''t heard that term used before.

Thanks, as always!!
35.gif
I''ve also heard the term "scant"... as in 5 scant.
I think it meant that it was slightly smaller than a 5, but not quite 4.75.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My e-ring and wedding band are the same size and when both are worn together I do not notice any spinning.

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Great advice!! Thanks Happyday and Sparkles!

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I am kind of the opposite of a lot of these posts. I have no "finger fat" and never swell at all. I have found that my knuckle is the issue. So, my the 3 stone that I wear on my RH is sized at 4.75, a bit bigger than I like, but it allows me to get it off without killing my knuckle. I therefore had my wedding band size at 4.5, which is a nice fit on my hand, but takes some doing to get it off. But I rarely take it off, since it is just a plain band, and I don''t take it off to clean very often.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
My w-band is 2mm wide and sized 5.75... I find this thin band fits very nicely because it doesn''t "squeeze" too much. I have the "finger fat" that surfgirl so delicately described
2.gif
. My e-ring is 3.5mm tapering to 2.5mm, and it is sized 6.00. This combo of sizes works perfecty on my fingers and my rings never spin at all. However, when I wear my e-ring alone it does spin because 6 is on the big side...

Also, if you are concerned about going too small, if you have any finger fat at all, I noticed that my fingers re-shaped to accommodate the rings! haha.... it is a little funny when the rings are off, but it makes even slightly "tight" rings feel totally comfy when they are on. Apparently there are different types of finger tapers. My fingers are the type that get progressively slightly thicker as they meet my hand... some other people''s get thinner again as they meet the hand below the knuckle... so if you have fingers like mine you may want your rings on the small side so they don''t fly off in a moment of excitement or swimming.

DD

Luvmyhalo,

THANK you for posting the Kate B pic.. I have TONS on my desktop as well, but did not have that one.. it really shows the detail of her rings.. *drool*

Diamondseeker, your post made me giggle... :)

I may get BANNED for this, but Iam sooo insanely in love with my ring, I cannot imagine EVER gettting an upgrade or changing ANYTHING about my ring... *ducks*

25.gif

I should go try on eternity bands a bit bigger than my ering again.. just to see... 1/4 size might be okay..

HappyDay, MY FINGERS SWELL TOO when I am sleepy.. it is a total mystery to me why.. weird !!!!

Love Deco, glad you posted !!!! I hope this thread helps you !!!! Good Luck !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results