shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about pear shapes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pairpear

Rough_Rock
Hello,

Been lurking for a bit and found some great info. I am looking at 2 pear shape diamonds and was wondering i anyone had input on them:

Pear #1
9.68mm x 6.63mm x 4.13mm
Depth is 62.3
Table is 54.

Pear #2
9.70mm x 6.57mm x 4.19mm
Depth is 63.8
Table is 56

Both are G/VS2 and around 1.6cts. Both are GIA certified with Excellent polish VG symmetry and no fluorescence.

Any comments on cut quality would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2009 10:47:48 AM
Author:pairpear
Hello,

Been lurking for a bit and found some great info. I am looking at 2 pear shape diamonds and was wondering i anyone had input on them:

Pear #1
9.68mm x 6.63mm x 4.13mm
Depth is 62.3
Table is 54.

Pear #2
9.70mm x 6.57mm x 4.19mm
Depth is 63.8
Table is 56

Both are G/VS2 and around 1.6cts. Both are GIA certified with Excellent polish VG symmetry and no fluorescence.

Any comments on cut quality would be appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome!

If they are with an online vendor, can you request photos of the diamonds and ASET images? It isn't possible to tell much by numbers unfortunately. Have you seen the diamonds in person?

Indira-London

Shiny_Rock
I am afraid that it is not possible to comment on pear diamonds just based on numbers as each is a unique shape. In my view you need to see them in person but if you are buying only online then you need to choose via at least photos and ASET.

Indira-London

Shiny_Rock
Sorry Lorelei - we must have been typing at the same time...you won ...your speed is legendary!
36.gif

I thought a picture may help illustrate what we are both saying.

Here are three 3.02 carat pear diamonds for example - each is a different shape - some people like them longer, some people like them shorter...

3 pears small pic 12442.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2009 10:57:24 AM
Author: Indira-London

Sorry Lorelei - we must have been typing at the same time...you won ...your speed is legendary!
36.gif

I thought a picture may help illustrate what we are both saying.

Here are three 3.02 carat pear diamonds for example - each is a different shape - some people like them longer, some people like them shorter...

LOL!!!!
35.gif
9.gif

Great pics too!! I love the one on the left...* droool...*
30.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Not me. I don''t much care if they''re skinnier or fatter as I see that as a preference thing, but I hate when they aren''t rounded on the bottom. To me that''s just sloppy cutting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results