carat
color
clarity

Question about my Ruby ring

Aussiewen

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,
I have just purchased a new Ruby diamond ring
Ruby is 3ct unheated, untreated and looks amazing in all lighting conditions. I paid a very good price for it ….but yes there are some slight surface reaching fractures that are not visible to the naked eye. Only visible under magnification. I’ve been searching other rubies online and so so many have blemishes and marks on surfaces as well. My question is would that bother you even if you can’t see it looking at the Ruby. I’m so in love with the Ruby. I guess if it was heated with residue I would be complaining of that also. So is it better to have untreated, unheated Ruby with surface marks that looks amazing or heated with fractures treated.
Thanks
ADC369E1-36AD-4BF2-ADA3-496D21A4A014.jpeg

Attachments

• 9A01052F-0806-4269-8C03-207B93CB1D3C.jpeg
    9A01052F-0806-4269-8C03-207B93CB1D3C.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 16
  • E13D941A-FED2-4D8D-9EC5-024C65645F59.jpeg
    E13D941A-FED2-4D8D-9EC5-024C65645F59.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 16
If I paid a great price for the ring and loved the look of the stone, no, it would not faze me that there were minor surface-reaching inclusions visible under magnification. I would be more concerned with fracture-filling, as you said, because that dramatically reduces the value, and who knows what the actual durability is at that point. So if those inclusions aren't really eye visible and they're not compromising the integrity of the stone, I wouldn't give it a second thought.

Aussiewen

Shiny_Rock
If I paid a great price for the ring and loved the look of the stone, no, it would not faze me that there were minor surface-reaching inclusions visible under magnification. I would be more concerned with fracture-filling, as you said, because that dramatically reduces the value, and who knows what the actual durability is at that point. So if those inclusions aren't really eye visible and they're not compromising the integrity of the stone, I wouldn't give it a second thought.

Thanks so much for your input. Yes I feel the same way. We always strive for perfection don’t we but most rubies are full of flaws like emeralds and we should just enjoy it as it is.

Thanks so much for your input. Yes I feel the same way. We always strive for perfection don’t we but most rubies are full of flaws like emeralds and we should just enjoy it as it is.

Yes! As collectors, we can always find ways to suck the joy out of a purchase by being overly critical (at least I can). I wouldn't worry too much about perceived flaws. You love the ring, the price was right, and you've already received confirmation the ruby is untreated. Enjoy it!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
it is a very beautiful ring
i hope you enjoy and love it

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results