shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about mm measurements...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

catatonic

Rough_Rock
I know that the cut of a stone can make it seem bigger or smaller and that the carat weight often is misleading because of this...

However, in looking for radiant cut stones I have come across two stones that make me curious as to what measurements are the norm for a 1.25 to 1.5 ct stone?

One stone is listed as a 1.2 carat radiant, depth is 57.9 and table is 57, girdle is TN-M...measurements are 7.03*7.07*4.08.

The other radiant stone is a 1.56 carat, depth is 66.2 and table is 76, girdle is M- ST...measurements are 6.65*6.56*4.34.

Now I know that without crown and pavilion info, its hard to determine a lot, but is this saying that there is a lot of useless weight on the second stone because the first one will appear larger??

I thought I finally had a handle on this stuff...but this one threw me... any help would be appreciated!

:))

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The less deep radiant is not the usual. Maybe it would be better in a necklace rather than a ring for durability reasons. It probably is not as lively a stone as the deeper one, either.

I like them somewhat in between the two, but that would be hard to find. I prefer a durable, brilliant stone to a watery, fragile one anytime.

catatonic

Rough_Rock
Thank you both very much! I just had a really hard time fathoming those dimensions on a 1.2 ct stone...guess I wasn't alone!

;))

I appreciate the quick replies...you guys do a great job!:appl:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results