shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about matching solitaires with eternity bands

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Is it better to have an eternity band that matches the cut of the solitaire? e.g. RB solitaire with RB eternity band, Princess solitaire with Princess eternity band, etc.

What is your preference? Matching or mixed?

ayala_jessica

Shiny_Rock
Hi Goldenstar,

Interesting question: actually, IMO there are 2 questions : the shape itself (round vs square etc..) and brilliant cut vs step cut. I think that there wouldn''t be any esthetical problem having RB with princess because they both are brilliant cut.

However, to match a brilliant cut with a step cut (more understated look) could be a problem for some people because of their pretty different look.

That said, I''ve seen RB set with baguettes side stones and that was also beautiful....the baguettes actually with their quiet and classy look setting forward the RB...I''ve also seen Emerald cut center stone set in a halo of tiny RB stones...and it was beautiful too (I am sorry I don''t remember the name of the PScoper who wears this ring...)

So, you can pretty much do whatever you feel, because it boils down to personal taste.

For myself, I have an eternity band from Cartier set with round brilliants alternating with squares of gold and I want to wear it with an asscher eternity band ...This way, I match the asschers with the squares of gold and not with RB...I think it will look great
18.gif

Hope this helps...
1.gif

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
For me, it depends on the shape of the center diamond. With a round, I prefer rounds in the e-band and for princess cuts I would also want princesses. With a cushion, marquise, radiant and other brilliant shapes, I think rounds in an e-band look very nice. Actually, I think I would like rounds in an e-band with all shapes, even the step cut asschers and ECs.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I think it pays to go out and try some combinations in person. I had planned to put an eternity band of rounds with my e-ring as an anniversary gift this fall. It was mostly a matter of what sized looked right. We were lucky enough to be in New York and go to Signed Pieces in person, where I tried on lots of bands. I ended up with a 5 stone princess band. I never would have picked that just based on what I see and know, but both DH and I liked it best by far with my ring and on my hand. I tried all cuts and numbers and sizes of stones. I have a 2.5ct rb in a solitaire with a semi-wide band (5mm or so.)

lesson learned: You never really know until you see it.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
You definitely need to try different combinations out! For instance, I have an RB center with bullet sides for my e-ring and my wedding band is RBs and baguettes.
1.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I like matching, but sometimes I like mixed shapes. I tried on a channel set princess band with my RB and thought it looked very nice. I agree w/ Jessica about step cut vs brilliant cut mattering.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results