shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about l color

Tajikrajik

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I have an opportunity to purchase this ring which unfortunately I'm unable to see in person. It's an l color with si2 clarity (although I am told the stone is clean to the naked eye). It's an OEC and is just over 4 cts. It is set in white gold and dates to the 1930s.

Any thoughts on this ring would be greatly appreciated. Does it look too yellow or cloudy? Thanks! IMG_4388.jpg IMG_4338-1024x1022.jpg IMG_4369.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does it have a GIA or AGS cert? If not who said it was an I SI OEC? It looks heavily included and yellow in your top photo. Have you seen this stone in person? Ok I reread and see you haven’t seen it irl. I wouldn’t buy if it doesn’t have a reliable cert if you cannot see it with your own eyes and certainly wouldn’t consider it if there isn’t a good return policy. Too risky imo. Is the seller trustworthy? Is he/she a PS vendor? That might sway me to ask to see it in person. No risk that way and you can see it for yourself.

Tajikrajik

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your reply!

Sorry, I meant L, not I (I wrote a lowercase l which I now see looks like an uppercase I)!

The diamond is graded by a lab in London called independent diamond report centre. I've never heard of them before. They graded it a k but the jeweller says it is really closer to an L with an SI2 clarity. The ring is from an independent antique jeweler in London. The price is $30000. He has a no quibble return policy.

Tajikrajik

Rough_Rock
Here's Scan-87-4-724x1024.jpg a photo of the grading report:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your reply!

Sorry, I meant L, not I (I wrote a lowercase l which I now see looks like an uppercase I)!

The diamond is graded by a lab in London called independent diamond report centre. I've never heard of them before. They graded it a k but the jeweller says it is really closer to an L with an SI2 clarity. The ring is from an independent antique jeweler in London. The price is $30000. He has a no quibble return policy.

You just don't really know what you are getting with that kind of independent grading and not being able to see it in person. Without a well known accurate cert you cannot know the fair price for what you are getting. That's the problem. If he has a no quibble return policy and returning it won't be a hassle you could have it sent to you and see what you think about the stone and then you can bring it to your own independent appraiser to see if the price is fair. Where are you located?

Can you have them take video for you?

Tajikrajik

Rough_Rock
Yes he has taken a video but I'm not sure how to link it to Pricescope.

The problem is I'm located in the states and he is based in the UK, so it will be quite the hassle to return it to him.

I'm thinking I should probably not purchase it. Seems awfully yellow and included. :(

Tajikrajik

Rough_Rock
He did say, however, that the strong fluorescence would give it a white faceup?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are many old cut vendors located here in the states. We could help you. What are you looking for and what is your budget? The first person who comes to mind is Adam at Old World Diamonds. He is super honest and has the best selection of old cut inventory at the fairest prices IMO. I would start with him. Give him a call and tell him what you want and I bet he has a some great stones to show you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He did say, however, that the strong fluorescence would give it a white faceup?

That is only under certain conditions and will not make this yellow stone look white. And the inclusions won't ever disappear...

Tajikrajik

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the info, but I have decided to purchase a new stone instead from WF!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh congratulations!:love: Please share a photo with us.:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results