shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about Kays

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
I am loving the ring I got from Kays... its a Leo diamond. I know many people like other stones and other store but I do love my ring and I''m so happy.

I am supposed to get my ring inspected every August and every February. they said if I ever lose, chip or break it will be covered as long as I get it checked every 6 months.

My question is... If I go on February 1st, and then I lose the stone on August 2nd am I covered since it is still within the month of August? All it says is that it needs to be inspected every February and August.

Anyone have experience with this? Thanks in advance!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sure it would be but to be on the safe side, mark your calendar for every five months. They never turn you away for inspections!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 9:37:14 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
I''m sure it would be but to be on the safe side, mark your calendar for every five months. They never turn you away for inspections!
I Agree...get your ring cleaned and inspected as often as you can...a ring worn everyday should be cleaned often and checked more then every six months...the 6 months inspection covers warrenty ,but im of the opinion that every three months is better.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure they''d honor your policy anyway but I agree set reminders on your computer. I am glad you love your ring.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you go one day over your date you invalidate your warranty. Go early or mark your calender for the day before. I know from experience. They are hoping you forget and they don''t have to stand by their claim.

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 9:49:55 AM
Author: AprilBaby
If you go one day over your date you invalidate your warranty. Go early or mark your calender for the day before. I know from experience. They are hoping you forget and they don''t have to stand by their claim.

Thank you AprilBaby... so even if I still went within the correct "month" of August it would still not matter if the date during that month was past 6 months?

It seems shady to me thats why I''m glad to get that cleared up ahead of time!! I''m going to schedule in my calendar to go over 4 or 5 months to be on the safe side! I''m sorry to hear that you know from experience...
8.gif
thanks for sharing the knowledge. I do appreciate it.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have anything to contribute to your question but I love your avatar. I thought I saw a sparkle and started at it a little longer - indeed .. there is a sparkle!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
You would probably have to check with Kays, but I think you are fine as long as you do it within every six months. If you think you may have a hard time making it in and remembering to get an inspection every six months you could always get an outside insurance policy.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not one day over unless you get a rep with a heart who will fudge for you. They look it up on the computer and log it all, so don''t go over.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 6:52:43 PM
Author: AprilBaby
Not one day over unless you get a rep with a heart who will fudge for you. They look it up on the computer and log it all, so don''t go over.
Please also make sure they DO log all of your inspections. I have heard that sometimes sales associates at Kay forget to log inspections... if this happens your warranty is void, even though you did everything you were supposed to. It may annoy the sales associate each time, but check and double-check that they logged your inspection.

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Why wait for every 6 months? I take mine in to the place I bought it all the time for the great cleaning they do (I make sure they sign off my booklet every time). Mine is white gold, so I have them do the free Rhodium dipping too. It always looks like new when they clean and polish it. Don''t wait until the last moments to take it in. What if you get sick or something, and go over your 6 months. You can be sure if you go in with a claim, they are not going to help you out by honoring your not kept up warranty. Give yourself alot of extra time. Most of these places bank on people forgetting to come in at least 1time every 6 months.

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much everyone! Great advice! I will definitely be going frequently... maybe every 4 months, to get it checked.

Side note...hearts-arrows_girl Your ring is gorgeous!!! I LOVE the whole set!

SandraPaneczko

Shiny_Rock
I have a Leo from Kay jewelers. Yes you would be covered, if your ring was damaged on August 2nd then you would still be within your time because the month of August has not passed. Kays does not give us any date within the month. If you miss your inspection month for any reason, you will still be okay. Say you missed August and brought your ring in the store lets say October, they would inspect your rings and if everything was fine.. your inspection month would start over in October. But if they were damaged in between August and October, you would not be able to bring them in and be covered. You don''t need to inspect every 4 months. Kays says every 6 months and your covered. I don''t see why you need it every 4 months.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trust me Sandra, if your ring is damaged and you are over by a day, you are out of luck.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You might want to read your fine print. I suspect that it says that if the diamond ever comes out of the mounting and is lost as a result it will be covered. I point out this detail because if you lose the entire ring, which is actually statistically quite a bit more likely, you will not be covered by the warranty. I don’t mention this to disparage their warranty, which is actually fairly good, but to point out that you may want to have an insurance policy anyway and, if you have a standard sort of insurance policy, chips and breaks will probably also be covered without being concerned about being a day late on your cleaning and inspection or where you go to have it done. Most jewelry stores are happy to do this for you for free or very inexpensively because it gets you in the habit of visiting their showroom and it really is a good idea whether you have a warranty or not but there’s no reason to feel over a barrel about it.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results