shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about insurance if setting and stone are offered by different vendor

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
Usually I use invoice to insure the jewelry, but I never had setting and stone from different vendor.
I have a stone is currently setting by DK. Stone itself is already insured, but how do I insure the whole ring after it's done?
Use separate invoice? or do I need appraisal for the whole set? Its very inconvenient for me to do appraisal in my area.
Some advice please!
Thank you all :)

tofab50773

Rough_Rock
why would you want to insure the setting by itself? Insurance is for loss, right? I would imagine, the diamond is what you want to insure and leave at that. But I am sure an insurance company will be able to do it together with an appraisal.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would ask David to provide the appraisal for insurance. He always does. But I will add that I would have him write it for exactly what I paid for stone and setting and not an inflated price because that will increase your premiums unnecessarily. Simply my opinion… can’t wait to see it!

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
why would you want to insure the setting by itself? Insurance is for loss, right? I would imagine, the diamond is what you want to insure and leave at that. But I am sure an insurance company will be able to do it together with an appraisal.

Well, setting is also a cost and if you insure the whole ring, when setting is damaged insurance will cover too. That’s why I want to insure the whole ring, not just the stone.

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
I would ask David to provide the appraisal for insurance. He always does. But I will add that I would have him write it for exactly what I paid for stone and setting and not an inflated price because that will increase your premiums unnecessarily. Simply my opinion… can’t wait to see it!

Oh~ thank you! I am so glad that DK can provide the whole appraisal. Haven’t asking him about that yet :P2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results