shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about Ideal-Scope Images

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
I am starting to look at stones from super ideal vendors. I don't want to link to exact stones because I am just looking and I don't have anything on hold. Just some general questions. Can ideal-scope images be directly compared to each other? Or can there be a lot of variability due to the conditions when they were taken? If one is darker and redder, is it always better? Or is it more of just a pass/fail tool like the HCA? This is not meant to be a thread on whether or not WF is better than HPD, but there is one of each stone here. They are on different color backgrounds and have different shades of read. I am simply wondering if stones showing less white in images like this perform better or if there is no way to tell. Maybe splitting hairs here...

Thanks to any experts who can chime in!

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 16

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
IS images are interpreted then the interpretation compared rather than being directly compared.
The interpretation is they are both good.

Last edited:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
As far as those images go image1 is closer to real life other than being added to a black background, what you would see with a scope and image 2 has had extensive editing done to it to flatten the colors.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results