shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about HCA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sierra Nevada

Rough_Rock
What do the numerical scores of the HCA represent ? I know you have to look at the stones and compare them at some point, but what can I know about a stone and the differences between individual stones based solely upon their HCA scores? If I had three AGS000 stones of the same color and clarity and carat and #1 gets a .5, #2 gets a 1, and #3 gets a 1.9 what is this telling me about the differences between the stones? I apologize if this has already been explained to death, but I did a search on the topic and didn't find an answer.

Sierra Nevada

Rough_Rock
Yes, of course, I read the tutuorial before I asked the question. I am afraid I don't have a technical or mathmatical mind and it is a lot of information to take in, so perhaps it is beyond me. I don't understand why my "personal preference may be for a diamond with a score an HCA score of 1.5 range more rather than a lower number of say 0.5." If I were to use the HCA to make an initial selection I would like to know whether I should be looking for higher or lower numbered diamonds because of how those numbers relate to the make and performance of the diamonds and my preferences. I like firey diamonds. Are the higher numbers deeper cut diamonds and the lower numbers shallower cut diamonds or what? brilliant or towalsky or firey? I'm sure the information is in the tutorial somewhere but I just don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results